LEAK: Droid Turbo 2 Confirmed As Device Code Named "Kenzie"

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

We started hearing murmurings of a Droid Turbo 2 device from Motorola way back in the early months of the summer, but now we have proof that this device is on the way. The Droid Turbo 2 will be rocking a 5.5" QHD display, Snapdragon 810, 3GB of Ram, 20MP rear facing camera, 5mp front camera, Turbo Charging, and Android 5.1.1.

Some of the build.prop files have leaked out clearly showing that this is indeed the Droid Turbo 2.

ro.product.display=DROID TURBO 2
ro.product.brand=motorola
ro.product.name=kinzie_verizon
ro.product.device=kinzie
ro.product.board=msm8994
ro.mot.build.customerid=verizon
ro.build.version.full=Blur_Version.23.31.23.kinzie_verizon.verizon.en.US
ro.build.version.release=5.1.1
ro.build.date=MonSep 21 19:05:44 CDT 2015

We have a flagship device, but with those specs this may be too little too late from Motorola. Maybe we are seeing Motorola make good on some sort of exclusivity deal they had with Verizon. Turbo sales last year were meek so who knows why Motorola has decided to go with a second version.

We should see this phone along side the new Droid MAXX 2 releasing later this month just in time for the Christmas season! The Maxx actually did pretty well last year. The Droid Turbo was released last year on 10/28 so the timing makes pretty good sense.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Code name -Kinzie.

Doesn't seem that spectacular.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you own a turbo. This year's offerings are disappointing...I just hope they support the turbo this next year...and do a better job.

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
No thanks, MM is out and this one has LP ask any person who has the first gen turbo how has the updating been. I have one and it's only recently been upgraded. This is a pass in my book.