[Leak] Droid Incredible 2, Droid X 2, Droid 3 All 3G Devices & More Leaks

diverbelow

Reaction score
Hell if the next line of Droids have a good camera, FM Radio I'm set. Oh wait the DX offers that now... Well I'm set.

I am also looking for those, plus a front facing camera. So if the DX2 has a dual core with the same camera, FM radio plus FFC, I'm in. Saw Portland OR is not getting 4G this year.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
They can't make you pay for 4G service if it's not available in your area (or 'make' you pay for it at all for that matter).... these phones will handle 3G anyway...

They most certainly can. They made you pay for 3G if it wasn't available in your rural area. Just because 4G is not available in your area doesn't mean that you don't travel to areas that have 4G 5 days a week on business. And where do you get the idea that they can't make you pay for it in any case? They make you pay for 3G data if you get a smartphone. If the phone is capable then you will pay for the service. In any case, it appears that 4G will be the same cost as 3G, so it makes no difference if this holds.

Dan_08

Reaction score
Seriously?? 3G, 4G...Its all the same..I don't get that stupid stuff. they all send texts...they all receive calls..just dumb.
United We Droid.

It's not the same, data is different. Better/ faster streaming video, video chatting, downloads tethering, net surfing are just some of the benefits of 4g.

Dan_08

Reaction score
I do remember hearing a rumor about one of theses three being unlocked... If not oh well, these new devices are fast enough just to run custom roms with no kernel mods.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do remember hearing a rumor about one of theses three being unlocked... If not oh well, these new devices are fast enough just to run custom roms with no kernel mods.

Ther eis almost no chance of Moto releaseing these devices without locked bootloaders... sorry

electric6

Reaction score

Ther eis almost no chance of Moto releaseing these devices without locked bootloaders... sorry

So, I have another question which is prob impossible for anybody to answer at this point. I, like many folks, am waiting for a dual core, 4.3" high res phone to hit verizon(and HTC is what I'm aiming for!). I'm hoping they release something this year. I know that is overly optimistic, and totally unrealistic. But seeing as you 'know people' in the upper echelons of the industry, would you hazard a guess at weather or not this beast phone will be released on big red in the near future? I know something like this will eventually be released on verizon, but i guess what im asking is if it will come by the end on the 1st quarter in 2012. And yes, I'm thinking HTC pyramid.

Kershaw

Reaction score
I live in lincoln, nebraska and my friend goes through sprint and he has an Evo, and even though we don't have 4g service they still make him pay like an extra $10 for 4g service because they say there is still a possibility that he would travel into an area that provides 4g.

I go through verizon and own a droid so I couldn't tell if verizon is the same way. if I do end up getting a 4g phone in the near future with verizon, it would be pointless for me because nebraska isn't on the list for verizon this year on 4g. Verizon on their website says they will have 4g over the entire 3g coverage area by the end of 2013, they also have a "coming soon" section that tells you the list of cities they plan on upgrading to 4g this year
4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless

wmnomore

Reaction score
Hey Miami, what do you think Motorola has planned for their bootloader situation?

From their Facebook page:
"
We are working closely with our partners to offer a bootloader solution that will enable developers to use our devices as a development platform while still protecting our users' interests. More detailed information will follow as we get closer to availability."

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Miami, what do you think Motorola has planned for their bootloader situation?

From their Facebook page:
"
We are working closely with our partners to offer a bootloader solution that will enable developers to use our devices as a development platform while still protecting our users' interests. More detailed information will follow as we get closer to availability."

There was an article posted a couple weeks ago rumoring that Moto has been tagged to release the next Nexus 3. If history holds true, it would probably have an unlocked bootloader. Whether that's going to be the D3 or some other as yet unnamed device remains to be seen.

Tappin' like a mutha

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
any of these 3g devices dual core?

just curious since I'm not in a 4G area so a 3G device isn't holding me back in any way.

... although the Bionic is still my intent... if I don't bite on the TB.

When these rumors first broke, the only specs were for the DX2, and that was supposed to have dual core (no word on ffc). I have to believe the D3 would also be dual core. I like the increase in screen size for the D3 - 4" is a nice size, and the increased size should also make for a better, more functional pkb.

Bionic, on paper, still seems to be the cream of the crop. But if it releases with the rumored flaw only band-aided, I'm going to be looking very closely at the Atrix or D3.

Tappin' like a mutha

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
My musts are at least 4.3", dual core, FFC and unlocked or bi-passable bootloader so this prolly leaves out moto...

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Damn that must suck...do u live in a small town?

Yes, in the middle of 4 citys that had 3g for years before I saw it. Even though the coverage map showed my area as having (my whole state was completely covered and I still didn't have it)

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

Hey Miami, this raises the question in my mind of why did Motorola release the original Droid with an unlocked bootloader. Was a reason ever discovered or put forward for that?

-Mike