[Leak] Droid Incredible 2, Droid X 2, Droid 3 All 3G Devices & More Leaks

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I sympathize for you man...but this bodes well for me. Although i have LTE in most of my area, my 2 years long contract is just over 2 months old, and i dont want these newfangled dual core phones juusssst yet ;D

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

forum8417

Reaction score
yea my contract is up soon too. all of a sudden there is going to be alot of choices to pick from. ill probably wait for the lg optimus black to be on verizon. kinda getting sick of Motorola. Awesome news though! i love all these new phone releases.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This tells me that the LTE rollout across the country is going to be a slow process, if they're doing a whole refresh of their current 3G devices.
yes it will be a slow process..just like it was when 3g came out

Verizon to launch 3G network by year's end - CNET News - August 1, 2001 3:00 PM PDT

3g has been out for almost 10 years and I didn't have service in my area until OCTOBER of this year. Lets say they fully launch 4g in about a 4th of that time, thats another 3 years till I will see 4g. I will be able to re-sign, and then resign again before I could actually use a 4g phone in my area. And I heard even if you dont have the service, but you have a phone that supports it, you will stay pay the extra $$.

I just want a dual core droid T3, really I just want to keep my keyboard and have the best there it without it being 4g. So this is good news for me :icon_ banana:

They can't make you pay for 4G service if it's not available in your area (or 'make' you pay for it at all for that matter).... these phones will handle 3G anyway...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This has been discussed before and is old news. One of these devices is supposed to be a Vanilla Android device and possibly unlocked.

Droid--->ether--->this thread

bigdav1178

Reaction score
I take it that the Droid 3 will be out before the HTC Merge lol smh!!!!

Alltell has the merge and so does Sprint.... ask me why VZW doesnt and I cannot get a good reason.

Since VZW owns alltell (or most of it) it makes less sense..... so sorry I wish there was more on that device.

If I could wager a guess:
VZW got overly invested in the Droid 2s (and to a lesser extent, Droid Pros), and are worried that if they released the Merge on their network, they'd be stuck with even more of the Droids that aren't selling well already. It explains why we're seeing huge price cuts to these devices as they're having to unload inventory before the next round of these devices come out.

I think their plans working, at least to a degree. I was dead set on getting one of the Merges since September, sat on an upgrade until the end of December and finally broke down and got a Droid 2 when the Merge never released.

michelle4439

Reaction score
I live in a small town in South Carolina so I am sure 4g will not come here for awhile. Heck sometimes I can't even get 3g. So I will be fine with 3g. I would love to get my hands on the Droid X2 when it comes out. I love my DX. I will be excited to see what the changes will be.

Mamba94

Reaction score
i was really looking forward to a 4g phone w/ keyboard (droid 3) . I guess its the bionic for me..

+1....I am just not sure if I want to wait for the bionic. The Thunderbolt has gotten my attention!

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
This tells me that the LTE rollout across the country is going to be a slow process, if they're doing a whole refresh of their current 3G devices.
yes it will be a slow process..just like it was when 3g came out

Verizon to launch 3G network by year's end - CNET News - August 1, 2001 3:00 PM PDT

3g has been out for almost 10 years and I didn't have service in my area until OCTOBER of this year. Lets say they fully launch 4g in about a 4th of that time, thats another 3 years till I will see 4g. I will be able to re-sign, and then resign again before I could actually use a 4g phone in my area. And I heard even if you dont have the service, but you have a phone that supports it, you will stay pay the extra $$.

I just want a dual core droid T3, really I just want to keep my keyboard and have the best there it without it being 4g. So this is good news for me :icon_ banana:

Damn that must suck...do u live in a small town?

Sent from my DROID2

bigdav1178

Reaction score
Alltell has the merge and so does Sprint.... Since VZW owns alltell (or most of it) it makes less sense.....

I'd also wager a guess that the reason Alltel got the Merge, is because VZW didn't. Considering that the phone didn't get canned on Verizon until just before its rumored launch, there were probably quite a number of these devices already produced by HTC and ready for shipment - and that probably required a commitment from Verizon to purchase them. When Verizon decided not to release them on their network, they needed a different avenue to unload them... or the Alltel brand, which Verizon owns and operates on Verizon's towers. All they needed to do was remove the Verizon branding at the top of the device (not that hard to do) and switch the displayed branding to Alltel within the OS (again, not hard to do).

Look at the leaked pictures of what Alltel is getting. It is identical to the device VZW was supposed to get except for the empty space at the top (where the VZW logo was) and the Alltel branding within the OS. It even still has the VZW red accents not seen on any other Desire Z variant - if it was really supposed to be an Alltel device, shouldn't those accents be blue, if anything.

bigdav1178

Reaction score
Anyway, this thread is about the upcoming Droids... so here's to the Droid 3 having vanilla Android and an unlocked bootloader... wishful thinking, I'm sure; but cheers just the same :beer2:

Cdjones187

Reaction score
They can't make you pay for 4G service if it's not available in your area (or 'make' you pay for it at all for that matter).... these phones will handle 3G anyway...

That was only what I was told by a woman that works the corporate side of verizon that I know personally. All 4g phones will be 4g enabled on activation.

V

volando

Unlocked bootloader, keyboard, LTE.... pick two... ok, screw 4g, the speeds i get are probably enough :)

xmguy

Reaction score

absolutly..since VZW had to stop to " bulk up " for the fruit. Besides some people will be ok on 3G and really happy with 3g pricing later on too :)...

Price cut?? :)

I HOPE SO! 3G is fine for me. I only stream online radio and watch very few YouTube videos. So what I get is perfect. I could use a price drop on 3G. But I doubt this will happen for a while. 4G will have to go up first.

xmguy

Reaction score
Hell if the next line of Droids have a good camera, FM Radio I'm set. Oh wait the DX offers that now... Well I'm set.