[Leak] Droid Incredible 2, Droid X 2, Droid 3 All 3G Devices & More Leaks

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

The Droid Incredible 2, Droid 3, and Droid X2 are three devices many of us are looking forward to, and our favorite leaker, 'Miami1683', shared some interesting info about these devices. This next line of Droids, unlike the Droid Bionic, will still run on Verizon’s 3G network. These devices will all have new features and are not outdated in any sense of the word, but sadly, Verizon wanted to keep it a bit slower than the rest.

Phandroid has their own source that provided some similar information, but here is what we will add to their info. The Bionic will be the only 4G Droid to come to Verizon in Q2 of this year, so don’t expect a huge round of 4G devices being pushed out soon.

Would you like some more tidbits? Maybe this will make your day. The Motorola Atrix that we've all been excited about will be coming to Verizon in a different form Q4 this year. The device will have almost the same features. The information on this device is very limited at this time, but at least we have a 'ball park' date for you.

How about even more? LG has another device other than the Revolution coming to Verizon. The device will have a 4.3 inch display and a dual core processor. We don’t fully know which device this will be, but we do know that the device is very likely to be the new Optimus 3D.

This is all coming from Miami1683. I waited to post this originally on Sunday. I was a little worried, but since Phandroid confirmed the information I was hearing from Miami1683, there is no reason not to post it.
Offer your comments below.

Spread the word.

want a droid

Reaction score
Means the DI2, DX2, and D3 are all going to be pointless to buy. Especially if the 4G plan is going to remain $29.99/mo.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

bgreene07

Reaction score
Was really hoping the Droid 3 would be 4g, hopefully he's wrong and it is! If not, no point in upgrading.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was really hoping the Droid 3 would be 4g, hopefully he's wrong and it is! If not, no point in upgrading.

Sorry to disappont you but these will all be 3G devices.. Look for the bolt and Bioin on LTE for now... :)

good news is the LG has a shot of being LTE also but I am not sure of the release date or traget date either (yet)

MLPZ999

Reaction score
Hey Miami are you getting the thunderbolt or bionic or neither?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey Miami are you getting the thunderbolt or bionic or neither?

Both :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:,,,,,,,,

If I were going to chose one it would be the bionic (dual core)

MLPZ999

Reaction score
Wouldn't happen to know anything about bootloader on them would you

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I take it that the Droid 3 will be out before the HTC Merge lol smh!!!!

Alltell has the merge and so does Sprint.... ask me why VZW doesnt and I cannot get a good reason.

Since VZW owns alltell (or most of it) it makes less sense..... so sorry I wish there was more on that device.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't happen to know anything about bootloader on them would you

I would bet the Moto is locked down big time.. P3 says expect that to be the case...

On the bolt it's an HTC device history is it could be unlocked but time will tell :)

electric6

Reaction score

Sorry to disappont you but these will all be 3G devices.. Look for the bolt and Bioin on LTE for now... :)

good news is the LG has a shot of being LTE also but I am not sure of the release date or traget date either (yet)

Hey miami, i know you prob don't know a whole lot on the incredible 2 yet, but is there any chance it will have some tasty qualcomm dual core on board? Maybe that wonderful 4.3" screen? I am positively STUCK between getting the tb and waiting for an htc dual core/4.3" phone. Not sure if I should pull the trigger on it or not. You're knowledge on this would help immensely.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
This tells me that the LTE rollout across the country is going to be a slow process, if they're doing a whole refresh of their current 3G devices.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hey miami, i know you prob don't know a whole lot on the incredible 2 yet, but is there any chance it will have some tasty qualcomm dual core on board? Maybe that wonderful 4.3" screen? I am positively STUCK between getting the tb and waiting for an htc dual core/4.3" phone. Not sure if I should pull the trigger on it or not. You're knowledge on this would help immensely.

Look for a second gen snapdragon in that one....

I'be gotten some pieces like that 4" to 4.3" screen and second gen snapdragon (single core I beleive)....

It seems the Hd wasnt killed just heavily delayed and renamed a few times :).. anyways..look for the DI2 (or what ever it will be named later) in Q2 ....

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This tells me that the LTE rollout across the country is going to be a slow process, if they're doing a whole refresh of their current 3G devices.

absolutly..since VZW had to stop to " bulk up " for the fruit. Besides some people will be ok on 3G and really happy with 3g pricing later on too :)...