LCD goes black - Cannot hear caller. Voicemail issues

PeachyPC

Reaction score
Droid Forum,

I am having issues with my phone. Droid Razr XT912

All text functions work properly. Send/Receive.

1. When checking voicemail screen will go black. On the 2nd or 3rd attempt you can get it up. With Speaker on you can get/hear messages, with speaker off you cannot hear anything.

2. When making an outgoing call, the screen usually stays up/on, but you cannot hear the person you called. They CAN hear you.

3. When receiving a call the screen will go blank after answering, but the caller can hear you (cussing). You cannot hear the caller.

These issues cropped up after a tech replaced the LCD/Digitizer. He went through it again checking the proximity sensor and found nothing amiss there, and returned it the same way.

Any idea what may be wrong?? I am not due for an upgrade phone until end of July, and already invested $225 in this repair.
Ouch.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello, to turn on he display if the proximity sensor has turned it off, or of its time out, touch the power button.. The screen should come on..

There's an app called and androsensor in the play store.. Down load that app, run the app and check and see what it says for the readings on the proximity sensor..

Post your readings please..

As far as hearing the caller and them not being able to hear you, and the other way around... Idk... Something is definitely wrong...

OP
P

PeachyPC

Reaction score
Proximity

Thanks for yoru respinse!

The proximity reading simply states 1.2". Touching the area of the sensor changes nothing.

OP
P

PeachyPC

Reaction score
IMHO-
It acts like the proximity sensor and earpiece are bad. Is/are those replacable, or are they part of the XT912 Motherboard?
~Mark