1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

LCD density fatal errors

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Tomgezen, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Tomgezen

Tomgezen New Member

regardless of what any website says, changing this is a BAD idea. I used lcd density changer, and it said enter a number between 90 and 280. Guess what i chose. 90. Now my phone is completely messed up. I cannot use superuser to edit the system folder to chaneg the density manually, I cannot use half of my apps, i cannot do a factory reset (or when i do the resolution and all features are still messed up). As a matter of fact, with my droid x2 every hard reset makes it worse. On the last one I did before giving up for the night and just punching myself in the face for ruining my new phone, I lost 3G. Not just coverage, the icon is gone. I cant make phone calls. I have to use a swipe keyboard because the other one is gone. Everything is totally screwed up. Most of the settings menu items crash "unexpectedly".

And trust me, this is all because of changing the resolution (lcd density) because when I had it temporary fixed EVERYTHING worked. Even calling and everything. But then, being me, I decided to do a reset so I could choose the correct default gmail account, and accidentally erased my 3G capability somehow. Now, even on the highway, whenever I turn the phone on or enable and disable wifi/ 3G it says there is a network error. I'm not quite sure but it seems changing the number "240" to "90" has caused hardware failure in the phone. No idea how thats possible.

Don't even experiment with it to see if it'll bring similar results because without a network I can't just download a density changing app and fix my phone like i did the first time. Also, an folder browsing software will crash immedietly. It is NOT a virus, I fixed the issue before and all of these symptoms went away. I should have fixed the Build.prop file that was messed with before restarting because it was broke and when it re-broke again I got to where I am now. Deciding on what to do next. All I can think of is nothing. It's not bricked, I can still text and use a few apps, but anything recovery based or web based fails. The little menu thing you can drag down from the top of the screen is also messed up and notifications are lost immediately when you pull it down.

This is mostly a rant but is there anything I can do? Like.. how would I go about hacking my droid in a way that allowed me to break into the system folder, change the density from 90 to 240, and restart the droid without having to use the droid itself to do any of that?
  2. metalspring

metalspring New Member

I'm not sure how to fix it but I'm sure someone does around here...whenever you do get it fixed let it be a warning I guess...just because something gives you a range on something, don't jump to the lowest value there is right away, go slowly
    I personally have a modified LCD density for my phone...the default value is 240 but I only have mine down to 225, after that stuff just starts looking funny

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. Tomgezen

Tomgezen New Member

I have insurance for like $7 a month, will they replace it? should i break it first? It isn't quite bricked but any folder browser fails, I can't access the 3G network and factory reset, and flashing too, didn't fix the density setting.

So whoever happens to find this forum, please tell me if theres a way to get inside the droid from my computer to rename a file in the system folder. Theres build.prop which is modified for 90 lcd density AND the original build.prop which is renamed buildl.prop.

I was thinking I could rename it with terminal or something but I don't know how I can get it now that the folder browser and 3G network don't work.

I do have usb debugging enabled.. hope someone can help..
  4. Tomgezen

Tomgezen New Member

Fixed

ok if any of you ever have this problem, go to a verizon store but make sure you have a friend there. There is a program on the store computers that can install apps directly to your desktop. have them give you lcd density changer + su permission and it will fix everything.

i might have messed up my droid but its fixed and i love how much control i have over it.
Search tags for this page
android lcd density messed up
android messed up lcddensity
can changing lcd density break the lcd?
can i change lcd density to 90
density error android
does editting the lcd density of the android phone causes th
droid dna lcd density error
help i increased my phone's lcd density too much now i canno
how do i fix my phone after using lcd density at
lcd android error
lcd density changer brick