1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

LCD Density Changer

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by gotta have that funk, Sep 2, 2010.

1. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk New Member

anyone here besides me tried this out yet? makes the screen look crisper and actually makes it feel bigger..

i got it when it was free from the dev, i think its a dollar on the market right now...heres a thread to it for the Evo 4G...

LCD Density Changer is a must-have, in my opinion. - xda-developers

heres some comparison screenshots of mine...

before
    [​IMG]

after(any blur in this screenshot doesnt show up on my phone in person)
    [​IMG]

to show how it affects some widgets (havent had any problems with mine, but have heard some dont resize right...not sure)

espn before lcd dens changer
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

evo guys set it to 200, i used 205...let me know what you guys think if you try it out. im a big fan...
  2. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

I saw this an it seems very interesting . Not sure if its good for the screen though or not. I don't know much about this. But does it just make the screen bigger, making everything on the screen smaller?
  3. gotta have that funk

4. stanrc

stanrc New Member

So i tried the manual method to modify the pixel density and it does have side effects. First off I will say that it does make the icons in the notification bar slightly blurry, and more importantly when I opened an app there were large black bars on the sides and bottom. The apps didn't readjust for the screen size like the home screen does.
  5. gotta have that funk

theres an option in the app to turn off compatibility mode which fixes the scaling problems..
  6. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

yeah, the one main problem I see is a lot of apps have fixed resolution so they're not full screen. Also widgets like BW, won't be directly centered. If that's the case then this doesn't interest me too much.
Search tags for this page

droid x2 lcd density

how do you set the lcd density on a droid x
how to set lcd density on droid x2
lcd density
lcd density changer home screen

what is lcd density on droid x

what lcd density droid x 2