launchers

saywhaa

Reaction score
i use launcher plus which seems to be having a problem recently when booting up so i want to try different launchers.

what launchers do you all use?

ABQNM

Reaction score
On CM7 I am currently using GoLauncher EX which is very fluid and has not had any errors. Still re-draws the app drawer once in a while, but it still does it faster than other launchers I have tried. I have also used ADW EX with no issues on CM7. They both work very well. ADW has more customization options, but GoLauncher has some better animations and if you have the drawer set to horizontal, you get 3 categories - all apps, recent apps and running apps. It is a nice touch.

Chillout

Reaction score
ADW EX Launcher is the best IMO. Been using it for about a year now. the free version is good too but I paid for the EX version which gives even more customizations. No errors, no FC's, very fluid on my DX.

ABQNM

Reaction score
ADW EX Launcher is the best IMO. Been using it for about a year now. the free version is good too but I paid for the EX version which gives even more customizations. No errors, no FC's, very fluid on my DX.

I agree overall that ADW EX is the best and most customizable. I like to try different apps out, so GoLauncher is my current trial, but I am very happy with it. I miss a few of the customization options and I miss being able to add a shortcut to an activity directly. You can customize ADW to the max, but GoLauncher has a little more visual appeal and seems to load quicker on boot. Both are fantastic launchers.

I also have CM7 lock the launcher in memory to help with redraws and it seems more stable that way plus it plays nicer with widgetlocker and themes when locked in memory.

Chillout

Reaction score
I've heard good things about Go Launcher but haven't tried it yet, I may give it a shot.

OP
S

saywhaa

Reaction score
ill have to give them a try. my main thing why i like laucher pro is for the dock icons and how you can scroll threw them. i personally like nothing on my desktop, i only have 1 screen but i have all the apps i mainly use at the bottom. if i need an app i just swipe to the next group of them

ABQNM

Reaction score
You can have multiple docks and scroll through them on GoLauncher as well. Plus it is free. Some of the themes cost money though.

thepsyntyst

Reaction score
my favorite is go launcher, and with colorize widget it most certainly surpasses lpp in my opinion

Chillout

Reaction score
I must say, I tried out Go Launcher last night and once I got it configured and started getting used to it, I really liked it. It's very smooth, a ton of customizations and themes available.