LauncherPro

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Anyone using LauncherPro on the Droid Pro? How do you like it?

Big Game

Reaction score
I use it and like it a lot. It offers quite a bit of customization. Of course, it does require a little set up work and getting used to, but once your familiar with it, it works great.

google123

Reaction score
Have been using LauncherPro for a while now. Still my favorite launcher. Features galore and just solid as a rock. Can't beat LauncherPro. Looking forward to Fede's future work on this launcher. You wont be disappointed running LauncherPro. :)

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

joeld82

Reaction score
I've had 3 android phones and Ive used LP on all. I refuse to use anything else.

OP
jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ok...I've installed LauncherPro...how do I get back to the native launcher?

mystery252

Reaction score
Ok...I've installed LauncherPro...how do I get back to the native launcher?

I had to download the app 'home switcher for froyo' to swap between launcher pro and the original homescreen.

Frow

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
the home button will give you a choice, if you hit use as default, you can go into manage apps and clear the default

flash24

Reaction score
Been using it and I love it that I end up paying for it. Totally worth it.

bwhite757

Reaction score
I would definitely encourage anyone with a Droid Pro to switch to LauncherPro just for the battery savings alone.

I've used 4 home screens on my Pro:
Stock Homescreen: Takes up 10-12% of my battery usage
GO Launcher: Takes up 12-15%
ADW Launcher: Takes up 8-10%
LauncherPro: Takes up 3-4%

I used each of these for 2+ days, and when I saw how little LP contributes to battery depletion I set it as default.

rafeee2

Reaction score
I would definitely encourage anyone with a Droid Pro to switch to LauncherPro just for the battery savings alone.

I used each of these for 2+ days, and when I saw how little LP contributes to battery depletion I set it as default.

Wow, good work with the stats man.
I decided against LP although I'm a paid customer when I found that the default launcher is quite snappy, but if LP would actually use LESS power then so be it.
Love LP.

DroidToro

Reaction score
I have paid LP but it started lagging. I bought the new ADW+ and it's got a few more features and does not lag.

Edit: however, the author of LP is supposed to be doing a full rewrite so I might switch back later. It's nice to have choices.

flash24

Reaction score
Mine is the other way around LP runs a lot smoother compare to ADW+. I love all the new ADW+ features though.

I have paid LP but it started lagging. I bought the new ADW+ and it's got a few more features and does not lag.

Edit: however, the author of LP is supposed to be doing a full rewrite so I might switch back later. It's nice to have choices.

lfylove

Reaction score
I don't like launcher pro adw ex is all I use I loves it :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

rocket_girl

Reaction score

I can second bwhite's experience with battery power under LP. I had GO Launcher EX (paid version) and loved the features, but battery life was awful.

LP has improved battery life (i.e.: gors from 90% to 80% overnight after full charge in evening using LP, vs. 90% to 40% overnight using GO Launcher EX...all else equal).

Getting used to differences -learning the tweaks. So far, only the icon constraints in dock are frustrating - and for the vast improvement in battery life, I can live with that! Besides- what good is a customized dock on dead phone vs. dock w/ limited icon choices on a phone that works!

Thanks to other posters for tips on LP specifically and battery life in general!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums