LauncherPRO vs LaucherPro Plus

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
What are the main differences between these two?

The Free vs $2.99 doesn't make a difference to me...I'm wondering more about what the functional differences are.

cpjr

Reaction score
Plus is going to include a bunch of very nice widgets that are like the sense widgets, the dev is including a contacts widget now...and will be releasing the others later.

There is a thread on here about it if you search.

dfitz

Reaction score
The difference is that Launcher Pro Plus is beginning to offer widgets. Right now there is one for "People" which is a contact widget. I got it to support the developer as I've been using LauncherPro for months on the Droid and now DroidX. Plus the he said on his site that the price will likely go up as more items are added.

Go to LauncherPro to find out all the info on this launcher!

Steeeler

Reaction score
Heck, I didnt even care if there was a difference. Three bucks for any Launcher Pro is well worth it to me. I hope he makes a bundle. He deserves it!!!

Robo-dRoid

Reaction score
" Downloadable Items are like intimate encounters why pay for something you can get for free " - Rockwell

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What are the main differences between these two?

The Free vs $2.99 doesn't make a difference to me...I'm wondering more about what the functional differences are.

in addition to the additional widgets, Plus runs better - faster and crisper. well worth it!! ...plus the bonus of supporting the dev!

BrianV

Reaction score
i bought pro..to support the dev... i love this launcher.... but since the new people widget in pro, wont show the pics from your FB contacts and the x wont let you change them.. its useless to me.. but love the launcher

Darkseider

Reaction score
i bought pro..to support the dev... i love this launcher.... but since the new people widget in pro, wont show the pics from your FB contacts and the x wont let you change them.. its useless to me.. but love the launcher

Aha! That explains it! I thought it was just me and I had something wrong so I wiped all my Facebook account info on the phone and set it all back up again to sync and re-import the pics. So I ain't going crazy. I feel better now.

dkshaer

Reaction score

Try using syncmypixs. It's free in the market. I installed it last night and it syncronized most of my Facebook contacts, I guess those who had photos.

littlkj5

Reaction score
SyncMyPix from the market syncs pictures from FB to your phone.

It works perfectly, all of my contacts on the people widget have a photo.

I got the Droid X on the 16th and installed launcher pro on the 17th then the plus version came out and I bought it. Didn't have to since I just started using LP but I love LP a lot. I feel bad for the dev because he cant make money off of the market since he is in a different country that Google doesn't like.

It would be cool if Motorola would buy the rights and make it standard on all phones.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't like how on mine (free version as of now) if I use a memory hog app like the browser or camera or something, when I hit the home button the LPro has to re-load itself and it takes a good bunch of seconds before I can do anything... I will pay for the full version in a heartbeat if this is fixed.

(and no I dont have any other apps running that would alter this, and I ran UD and Sapphire and had the same exact issue with both...)

kdkinc

Reaction score
I don't like how on mine (free version as of now) if I use a memory hog app like the browser or camera or something, when I hit the home button the LPro has to re-load itself and it takes a good bunch of seconds before I can do anything... I will pay for the full version in a heartbeat if this is fixed.

(and no I dont have any other apps running that would alter this, and I ran UD and Sapphire and had the same exact issue with both...)

I don't see that issue,I do have plus now.I don't recall it being a issue in the free version either.
icon6.gif
icon6.gif

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I don't see that issue,I do have plus now.I don't recall it being a issue in the free version either.
icon6.gif
icon6.gif

When i first put it on, this was not an issue at all, but after i started receiving updates something like this was an issue. I'm not saying it has to re-load itself but it sure takes alot of time, and i mean alot of time to get me to be able to see my icons again, so maybe it is really re-loading. I know that since i can backup my settings and icon placement, i might try removing it and adding it back, to see if that fixes the problem.