LauncherPro update?

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by Mikeybeanz, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Mikeybeanz

Mikeybeanz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so I recently turned my phone on to do some stuff and a message showed up on my home screen saying I have 7 days left of use with LauncherPro before I had to upgrade. I have been using launcherPro for awhile and was under the impression that it was the free version and launcherPro plus was the paid one. Could this be a new year bug? I haven't touched my launcherPro settings since I did my original LFY1.9 setup.

2. harrellj

harrellj Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I haven't gotten that message and I'm using the free version. It is also pastg midnight here.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah that sounds weird... I'd check the website for LauncherPro and see if it says anything on it. Maybe you should bring this up in their forums so that Federico (Dev for it) can possibly fix it.

Happy New Year

4. 1FZFE

1FZFE Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Same problem here. I flashed 1.95 last night and now have 5 days to visit the launcherpro website. I think it said to "update" not "upgrade" but I could be wrong. The message is only there for about 2 seconds. Not sure what to make of it. I'm coming from CM6.1.2 with ADWLauncher.

5. Mikeybeanz

Mikeybeanz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I downloaded the new launcherPro from the market and the problem went away. I was using 0.8.1 and now I am at 0.8.2

6. 20007.3stroker

Ratings:
    +0
    i just went through this with my buddys and my wifes phone. i figured it out because mine siad it was installed and theres siad free when i seached the market for it. seems to be a weird glitch in the market between some phones.

but ya to anyone having this issue just install launcher pro in the market and it will go away.

7. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just reflashed LGB on my phone yesterday. before i got settings back LP gave me this message, i have LP+ though, after settings were redone the message went away. its probably something with the free version of LP

8. RichardG

RichardG New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LauncherPro User Guide/Manual?

I was using Launcher Pro and was pleased but after I performed an upgrade, at their request, the scroll bar of application icons at the bottom was replaced by a tab that displays all the icons. I wanted to adjust the settings but have no idea how. Some kind of user guide or manual would sure be helpful, is there such a thing?

Thanks all....Richard

9. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    not sure what your referring to exactly about LP. this maybe be best answered in the forums on LP's website.

10. goober0122

goober0122 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have quite a few friends and coworkers who are currently using Droid 1s. One of the guys was willing to try some custom ROMs to find something that would make the whole group happy. We tried Liquid and he never looked back, screaming fast, stable, and great battery life.

A few days ago he called and told me that his Launcher Pro was going to expire. I told him to go to the market and update the app. I hadn't heard back from him until last night. He came banging on my door in the middle of the night telling me that he couldn't use his phone.

Launcher Pro had really expired and was "hijacking" his phone. It would bring up his browser and take him to launcherpro.com, but would never go anywhere. We tried battery pulls, reboots, and even crashing launcherpro. Nothing worked, due to the fact that it is the only launcher installed on the phone.

To fix it, I went to appbrain.com in the browser and browsed to zeam launcher. I then installed it and ran it from the notification bar. Once I was able to get full use out of the phone, I tried to uninstall LP. Since it came with the ROM I was unable to install. I simply downloaded home switcher from the market, cleared defaults, set zeam as the default and was good to go. I will look later into possibly updating launcherpro.

I hope that this helps anyone that is in desperate need of getting there phone back up today.

11. Chillout

Chillout Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Launcher Pro started acting really weird on my phone so I ditched it in favor of ADW and couldn't be happier.

I was noticing that icons would randomly jump when pressed, widgets would would randomly resize themselves, and the task bar on the bottom would freeze up.

12. dmacleo

dmacleo Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    titanium will uninstall a system app.