LauncherPro settings with UD

alm0614

Reaction score
I just installed UD and im loving it, one thing i noticed is that im still getting homescreen redraws.. seeing as this exists across roms, I think it must be a setting in LP preferences... if any of you are not experiencing any redraws on UD8 please share your settings...

TIA

brochaos

Reaction score
i had the best luck with LP setting memory usage to moderate (compressed), using minfreemanager on moderate, and enabling compcache (not sure if UD supports). however, you will still have redraw taking it out of a dock or by launching an app with keyboard closed, but then hitting home with keyboard open. ADW does not have any of these issues for me.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Im using ADW and I do get redraws only after I use the camera :(

OSX2000

Reaction score
Redraws are found across all launchers, on all 2.2 ROMs. It's an Android thing.

brochaos

Reaction score
Redraws are found across all launchers, on all 2.2 ROMs. It's an Android thing.

i do not get redraws with adw. exiting out, opening keyboard, taking out of dock. none. 4 screens. 4 widgets. lots of icons.

i was at a point where i did not get redraws with LP EXCEPT for taking it out of the dock or launching an app with the keyboard closed and then exiting the app with the keyboard open. if i didn't use the dock and remembered to put the keyboard away then i did not get redraws.

i am using compcache and minfreemanager though =)

eclsnowman

Reaction score
Once I took all apps (with widgets or without) and moved them from SD back to the Phone my redraws became minimal. I changed no other settings. My 2cents is froyo + apps-on-SD + launcher = fail

AFX

Reaction score
I'm having redraw issues with LauncherPro, ADW, as well as the stock 2D launcher. I have three screens, very few apps and widgets, and all my settings look fine. I really don't get it.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Once I took all apps (with widgets or without) and moved them from SD back to the Phone my redraws became minimal. I changed no other settings. My 2cents is froyo + apps-on-SD + launcher = fail

I wouldn't call it a fail exactly. When moved to the SD card, they are no longer being accessed from internal memory. That takes longer.

Best way I can give you an example (although not related). Remember when we all didn't have gigs and gigs of RAM on our computer? When the memory ran out, Windows used(s) Virtual Memory. It still got the job done but it took forever because it was using your Hard Drive for memory instead of the internal RAM.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i had the best luck with LP setting memory usage to moderate (compressed), using minfreemanager on moderate, and enabling compcache (not sure if UD supports). however, you will still have redraw taking it out of a dock or by launching an app with keyboard closed, but then hitting home with keyboard open. ADW does not have any of these issues for me.

Just wanted to say thanks for this. I put memory settings to moderate compressed, and I haven't had a redraw since. Finally! haha...everyone should take a look at this setting