LauncherPro Settings in BB v0.4

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by kenbarnum, Jul 7, 2010.

1. trebb

trebb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah my friend was running LauncherPro on her stock 2.1 phone and everything was faster/smoother than my phone running Sapphire Froyo OCed to 1.2GHz...which makes no sense.

2. nyijedi

nyijedi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't blame the Launcher Pro problems on the software being bloated. Rather, it seems like it's definitely an issue with the launcher just not playing nicely with BB 0.4, or maybe just Froyo in general. I got redraws ALL THE TIME when on BB 0.4, but since switching back to BB 1.1 for the time being, Launcher Pro is working perfectly.

3. kenbarnum

kenbarnum Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks nyijedi,
    Thats good to hear. I have not gone back to BBv1.1 (which I remember being must better for launcherpro).
    I like froyo so I'll just use ADW until fede updates for froyo...

4. modified

modified Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LauncherPro works fine for me, running BB v0.4, 800mhz.

As a side note, my options are as follows:

Memory Usage Settings: Moderate
    Droid Hack: DISABLED
    3-D Drawer (Works without a hiccup)

5. cyberjeff

cyberjeff New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I just enabled the option in LauncherPro 0.6.7.2 to keep in memory, and now my constant redraw problem is gone. I think it came with the Motorola Droid hack enabled so I left it turned on. I am using the 3D app drawer, 7 home screens, 4 widgets, and 15 icons in the scrollable dock. Everything is so smooth now, smoother than its ever been. I haven't tried a live wallpaper yet. But now it doesn't even redraw after viewing a flash video in the web browser, which is something that used to make it redraw every time.

On a side note, I'm still curious what the stock froyo memory settings are. I found out how to change the memory settings of BB from reading the FAQ. But I haven't tried messing with the memory settings yet because enabling the option in LauncherPro to keep in memory has seemed to fix the constant redraw problem. Hope this helps.

BBv0.4 and LauncherPro FTW!

6. ski

ski New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i too currently have the 0.6.7.2 version (I think it was just updated the other day, saturday) and it seemed slightly better. I have it to keep in memory but have the motorola droid hack disabled. I also noticed an improvement when I went from the stock 800mhz kernel that came with bb 0.4 to chevy 1ghz lv kernel.

I only run three home screens, no live wallpaper and have scrollable task bar disabled

7. s3t0

s3t0 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    as i said this my ADW went to hell last night and i downloaded launcher pro
    it works fine, and almost never redraws

ADW would literally freeze up and FC

8. PearlMikeJam

PearlMikeJam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had almost no redraw issues until the last update. I love to see the unread count of Gmail in the dock, but that update caused my redraw issues. I have not played with the other settings to keep in memory or anything like that, but may have to try some of the suggestions.

I moved from ADW a couple weeks ago and LauncherPro had come a long ways in terms of performance. This last update took a step back, but I suspect it will improve.

9. jhhoffma

jhhoffma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I completely forgot about that option. I just disabled it and from what I can tell all my redraw issues are gone!dancedroiddancedroid

Weird.

EDIT: Nevermind, while that options helps, there still seems to be some delay in redrawing. Though it is the worst when switching orientations and resuming from "sleep".

#33 jhhoffma, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  10. Appleanche

Appleanche Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I switched back to launcher pro.. for reasons I don't even remember over ADW.

I only need 3 home screens, I use Powerstrip for the useful widgets and the rest are just kind of "Well i'd just rather open the app". I have 3 widgets (flip clock, news and weather, and Gmail notifier) and I put on very low memory usage and redraws are less then ADW. Without home screen cache the switching isn't as smooth feeling but it's not choppy by any means.

11. kenbarnum

kenbarnum Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just as an update...I was using ADW for the last few days and it was just fine. Less redraws and a couple cool different features...But I still love LauncherPro the way it worked on BBv1.1.

I checked Launcherpro.com and there is a new version claiming to have fixed a lot of redraw issues on FROYO. It also has Dock Customization.

I checked it out and have been using since last night. Definitely better than it used to be on froyo (bb v.04). Far less redraws than before.
    Its version 0.6.7.2 and I think I love it again!

Keep in memory - on
    Enable scrollable widgets - on
    Moto Droid Hack - on
    Memory usage - Moderate
    Running 9 widgets on 5 screens

I have BB v0.4 with Chevy's 1.1 kernal.

It is smoother than ADW for me..but what might really blow me away is the custom dock!
    This is a fantastic feature.
    I went to LauncherPro's forum and downloaded several custom docks to try and they are really nice looking...you can browse them here:
    LauncherPro Forum • View topic - Share your custom dock backgrounds!

12. PearlMikeJam

PearlMikeJam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am surprised 6.7.2 fixed your issues because that is what started causing my lag/redraw issues. I will try your settings. Thanks for posting.