LauncherPro Settings in BB v0.4

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by kenbarnum, Jul 7, 2010.

1. kenbarnum

kenbarnum Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Guys,
    I'm running BBv0.4 and loving it. I have been using LauncherPro for some time now and it used to be great but seems to have to redraw too much.

I was hoping to hear from BB v0.4 users who are happy with their LauncherPro...what settings are you using?

-Are you using the "keep in memory" option?
    -Are you using the "Motorola Droid Hack" option?
    -What are your memory settings?

Thanks for your help and please ignore if you are just going to say ADW or some other home launcher.

2. kenbarnum

kenbarnum Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also...if you are not having my problem have you moved LauncherPro to System from Data?

I have done that on other roms with great success but did not see much improvement here.

3. psiuglen

psiuglen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seems fine for me, using the Motorola hack option, not keeping in memory, but I would say that by the time my battery gets low and my last profile knocks things back to stock it's a bit slower.

I don't use the home screen much though--center just has Beautiful Home widget, right side has a couple pics of my wife, and left side has power widget, juice defender widgets, and setcpu widget. And then I have the scrollable dock filled with 12 apps.

No 3D app drawer...even with full overclock on it seems to stutter sometimes when it hasn't been opened recently so I just have the butter smooth 2D drawer. And elastic scrolling is on as well.

edit: running ChevyNo1's 1.1GHz ULV kernel...I have setcpu step it down during the day as the battery falls, down to 1GHz < 80%, 800 < 55%, and 550 < 35%. And haven't moved it anywhere either.

#3 psiuglen, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  4. Appleanche

Appleanche Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seems like every launcher re-draws far too much on 2.2, hopefully someone here has settings that work. The high setting with keeping in memory seems to work the best for me.

5. kenbarnum

kenbarnum Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tips!

6. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    I have been using medium preset setting and normal setting under homescreen cache type. Launcher pro has made many memory options to suit different peoples set ups. If you have alot of widgets and icons he recommends trying a lower preset setting such as moderate or light. If you view his website (just go to market and click view developers website) he explains which memory settings you can try for you type of set up. What works for some may not for others. He also says try different types of memory set ups and see what works best for you

7. gmmurphy

gmmurphy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    best so far for me. bbv.o4 928 black glass. hack is on, 3d on, keep in memory on.
    on thing, looks like on the dock there is a bit of glow tip of the hat, from rom manager app almost not noticeable is that what you mean by redraw/

8. trebb

trebb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No. When you hit the home button (while in the say, browser for instance) and go back to your home screen, it's all blank except for the bottom dock. You then have to wait for all of your widgets/icons to redraw.

9. Appleanche

Appleanche Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ugh not matter really what I try this is an annoying issue.. I'm trying ADW Launcher now, and it seems to be far better in this respect.

It's just so annoying to have a fast froyo rom and then have the home screen redraw so often.

10. AquaDan88

AquaDan88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting the same problem. I found that by putting the memory usage setting to one above the default, it seems to help a bit, but nevertheless, still really freaking annoying.

11. trebb

trebb Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I went back to v.0.5.4 or and it seems to have stopped for the most part. I've only had one redraw all day.

I'm on Sapphire, but it should work for BB too.

12. Appleanche

Appleanche Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't had a single redraw all day with ADW, seems much more stable.

I don't really use any features, I just wanted a fast, 3 screen launcher so I'll stick with it.