Launcherpro redraw temp solution

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by benjimatt, Aug 3, 2010.

1. benjimatt

benjimatt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys. Im sure im like everyone else and suffer with redraw issues. But i think this is a temporary solution that has helped me.

for me the redraw problem only happens when I am using my home screen and go into a program than switch to horizontal view. Once in horizontal view I press the home button and it takes forever to redraw.

anyways if you head over to cyanogenmod forums. and take a look at jdlfg newest kernels and try anything 1250mhz or over and it should redraw much quicker. Im using 1266mhz because 1298mhz kept freezing my phone. But 1266mhz seems to work nicely.

The fun part is that it seems that you dont even need to clock it to the max to get a quicker redraw. Right now im clocked at min 300 max 1000 and still getting a much quicker redraw.

BTW this is just something for you to try. if it doesnt make it any quicker than sorry.

2. gertman

gertman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What about with ADWLauncher? I have redraw issues and force close issues when in another app? I am running Cryanogenmod 6 RC1 (RC2 is not compatible with PSX emulator) and jdlfg's 1ghz kernal

3. razorseal

razorseal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    god I hate these redraw problems...

I just DL'd the 1266 one..

He says he has temp support, but how come I don't see it? I'm at -40 or -1. Is the temp support only for cyanogen?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  4. benjimatt

benjimatt New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    gertman I dont use adw launcher so idk about that one. I never really liked adw,

Thats probably something you will have to ask jdlfg on the other forum.

But for me it feels a little better

5. angermanagement

angermanagement Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not to jump off the topic but psx does work with rc2..run the market fix and it runs like a champ..nice find tho..I'm headed there now lol

6. rickt1152

rickt1152 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not exactly in sync with the solution, but with regard to the LP redraw issue, I was having constant redraw issues and have virtually eliminated my redraw issues with the following changes:

1. Move battery widget (mini info) off home page
    2. Utilize minfree on aggressive
    3. I have eliminated some running services of applications I rarely use, but always wanted to be running.
    4. But the change that I believe has made the most difference is that I no longer back out of applications, I only exit them with the home key. This seemed counter-intuitive to me, but it was suggested in another thread and it really seems to make a difference for me.