LauncherPro Question

BrentAday

Reaction score
I changed the number of screens from 3 to 5 today on my Droid and I also changed the default screen from page 2 to page 3. I had to reboot my phone and do a battery pull for the default page to update in LauncherPro correctly (it stayed on page 2 prior to the reboot). I thought all was well at this point...

Until later in the day when I realized that when I'm in app or browser, if I hit the home button it will take me to the last screen I was in prior to starting the app or browser. For example, if I was on screen #5 prior to opening, then when I hit the home button it would take me back to page #5 rather than the default page #3.

I didn't notice this problem when I using the default 3 screen setup with LauncherPro. Has anyone else experienced this problem? And if so, is there a way to fix it? I have tried changing some of the settings in Preferences but nothing has worked. I thought about uninstalling LauncherPro and re-installing, but thought it may mess up my current settings.

I'm currently running the most updated version of froyo after receiving the final 1.46 MB update OTA last night, if that matters.

Bdog

Reaction score
In LP Preferences, go to Behavior Settings, and make sure "Home key to default screen" is checked.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
In addition to what Bdog mentioned, there is also a setting that will let you change the action when you press the home key while viewing a home screen. While in there it might be worth making sure that you look at the options for that too.

Bdog

Reaction score
^ Those options only deal with showing preview screens, opening app drawer or notification bar, and hiding the status bar. If you're on a home screen that's not your default one, to press home to get to default page, you have to have that box I mentioned checked

OP
B

BrentAday

Reaction score
In LP Preferences, go to Behavior Settings, and make sure "Home key to default screen" is checked.

I tried that already and it didn't work. Should I uninstall and reload LP?

Bdog

Reaction score
If that didn't work Brent, go back into the settings and tweak something that will require LP to have to restart itself. If that still doesn't work, then try reinstalling it. Beyond that, you'd more than likely have to email the dev for help.

harrellj

Reaction score
If that didn't work Brent, go back into the settings and tweak something that will require LP to have to restart itself. If that still doesn't work, then try reinstalling it. Beyond that, you'd more than likely have to email the dev for help.

Err, just hit the menu button when on the home screens, go to preferences and just restart LP from there. No need to tweak settings to force a restart.

OP
B

BrentAday

Reaction score
I just checked my co-workers phone since he uses LP too. His phone does the same thing as mine...So this may be a feature and not a bug?

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Until later in the day when I realized that when I'm in app or browser, if I hit the home button it will take me to the last screen I was in prior to starting the app or browser. For example, if I was on screen #5 prior to opening, then when I hit the home button it would take me back to page #5 rather than the default page #3.

Mine does the same thing.
Default home screen is 2.
Launch an app from screen 3.
Hit home button when in that app and it takes me back to screen 3.
Another press of the home button takes me to default screen #2.
Another press of home button shows the multi screen view.
Another press goes back to default screen.

I think I kinda like it.
If I'm on home screen 3 and launch an app from there it may be because I have similar apps on that screen.
I guess I'd like the option of whether the home button takes me to default screen or the last screen I was on.

FWIW.

B

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
^ Those options only deal with showing preview screens, opening app drawer or notification bar, and hiding the status bar. If you're on a home screen that's not your default one, to press home to get to default page, you have to have that box I mentioned checked

Yes, I understand that. Hence the reason I made sure to explain it was the action when pressing the home button while viewing a home screen. :)

EDIT: And the quote included wasn't done intentionally because of your other thread yesterday, honest. And I deleted the Tapatalk line. LOL

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
I just double checked mine too.
1st press goes back to last used home screen.
2nd press goes to default screen.
I don't remember it being that way before. But then I'm getting near middle aged and my younger years might be catching up with me. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Bdog

Reaction score
Your quote is understandable. And that must be a new feature of LP. Last time I used bultiple screens, it would go straight to default screen. Interesting.

Err, just hit the menu button when on the home screens, go to preferences and just restart LP from there. No need to tweak settings to force a restart.

And err, I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know by being a smartass.

Azurikai

Reaction score
i've had this error as well, i restarted my phone and it fixed everything.