LauncherPro on DX

DiscoStu9

Reaction score
I have launcher pro on my X and noticed several times yesterday after afew texts or doing whatnot, things get suupoer laggy, and try to go to home screen and its black, just the status bar, launcher pro quits and i have to turn off my phone. anyone else?

qoncept

Reaction score
I have launcher pro on my X and noticed several times yesterday after afew texts or doing whatnot, things get suupoer laggy, and try to go to home screen and its black, just the status bar, launcher pro quits and i have to turn off my phone. anyone else?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say your phone is rooted, running SetCPU and set to 300mhz max when the screen is locked? SetCPU seems to have trouble setting the right clock speed sometimes.

If not, you have some other app that's eating all your CPU cycles. Find out what it is and kill it.

M@|ice

Reaction score
Oh dear lord...I feel like an ass I didn't notice the preferences option...sorry. thank you so much guys. :)

DiscoStu9

Reaction score
nooope, phone is not rooted, no CPU programs...just launcher pro, fancy widget, apps organizer. nothing really

trebb

Reaction score
Launcher Pro has problems like that sometimes. I'm running it rooted on my Moto Droid, and it redraws ALL of the time. It's really frustrating.

I love its features, but when I get my X tomorrow I might end up using the stock launcher. I'd like the ability to resize my widgets.

xious

Reaction score
I noticed constant redraws on my Droid, but with the Droid X, it doesn't redraw very often. And if it does, it actually redraws probably 5x faster than my Droid did (and it was OC'd to 1.2GHz). The memory on the DX is MUCH better.

X

heycow

Reaction score
Oh dear lord...I feel like an ass I didn't notice the preferences option...sorry. thank you so much guys. :)
Don't. It's really not at all clear that that Preferences refers to Launcher Pro whereas Settings refers to the phone itself. I'll just state that it took me longer to find than it should have as well. :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Don't. It's really not at all clear that that Preferences refers to Launcher Pro whereas Settings refers to the phone itself. I'll just state that it took me longer to find than it should have as well. :)

Well if it makes y'all feel better, I will ask a silly question... what is meant by "redraws"? I hear this term & think of an etch-a-sketch... lol :)

Sent from my DROIDX

heycow

Reaction score

Well if it makes y'all feel better, I will ask a silly question... what is meant by "redraws"? I hear this term & think of an etch-a-sketch... lol :)

Sent from my DROIDX
HA HA HA HA What a dumb question!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Redraw is when the screen well...redraws everything. Sometimes when you click on Home or when the phone starts up things "pop" onto the screen. So the icons will show up, then some widgets pop on and finally the time will show correct.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

Sent from my DROIDX
HA HA HA HA What a dumb question!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Redraw is when the screen well...redraws everything. Sometimes when you click on Home or when the phone starts up things "pop" onto the screen. So the icons will show up, then some widgets pop on and finally the time will show correct.

:) Well that clears that up... lol... thank you!

Sent from my DROIDX