LauncherPro + MIUI icons

TeeJayTM

Reaction score
Is there any way to get the MIUI style folders while running LauncherPro? I really like the way the MIUI folders look but I really like the speed and stability of LauncherPro. Any help would be awesome

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
you have stability w launcher pro? I always had redraws

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

deadhd5

Reaction score
I have to use Launcherpro to avoid redraws with the Miui launcher unfortunately. I don't think it is possible at this time to use Miui folders in Launcherpro as the folder art is actually located inside launcher.apk. What I would really love Fede to implement is an option to have large icons like Miui in the screens and dock. Also, the wallpaper in Launcherpro doesn't go all the way to the top and makes the transparent statusbar appear black.

WolfpacKiD

Reaction score
I figured out how to change the folder icons in the launcher apk in launcher pro the problem is that the same folder icons for the miui launcher actually arent the same the normal folders for launchers like the stock launcher or launcher pro are a single file one for open folders and one for closed folders. In miui the folders have a background then 6 different open images to give the folder "animation" as it opens. This means to move them to another launcher you would either have to combine them to make only an open and close png file or make that launcher recognize the miui format of folders. Neither of which i know how to do, so help would be greatly appreciated because i hate the normal folders and love the ones on miui.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
The notification bar appears black because it reads LP as an app. Whenever you're in any app such as Facebook, DroidForums, etc. the bar changes to black so it reads LP the same since it's an app as well. It isn't a problem with the wallpaper. As far as folders are concerned, you can make it look like the MIUI folders but getting it to show the actual apps inside the folder on the folder face, I don't know if it can be done.

Z

ZeroBarrier

It wouldn't work, LP isn't designed to place any app icons overlaying the folder icon, which then gets overlay-ed by the folder lid icon.

Your best bet is to re-write LP to use folders the same way MIUI uses them, or ask the Dev (Fede) to re-write LP for you; either way, not a simple task and I don't see it happening anytime soon, if ever at all.

Z

ZeroBarrier

The notification bar appears black because it reads LP as an app. Whenever you're in any app such as Facebook, DroidForums, etc. the bar changes to black so it reads LP the same since it's an app as well. It isn't a problem with the wallpaper.

It isn't a problem with the wallpaper or MIUI seeing LP as an app; the MIUI launcher is an app just like LP. The problem is LP, it has never displayed semi-transparent/translucent notification bars while using static wallpapers; if you use a live wallpaper, it will show the semi-transparent/translucent notification bar just fine. So this is in fact a very long standing problem with LP, it has been since it's inception.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
True but the MIUI launcher is designed that way where as LP isn't.

Z

ZeroBarrier

The stock Android launcher displays semi-transparent/translucent notification bars with static wallpapers just fine, and LP is based heavily on the stock Android Launcher, but you mean to tell me LP is designed to black out any semi-transparent/translucent notification bars?

personally sent the Dev multiple emails about this way back in the beta days of LP, with absolutely no reply. Not one. So as far as I'm concerned, it is a perpetual LP bug that the Dev ignores by choice and will not address.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Go Launcher has MIUI folders and also some of the icons and screen previews from the actual MIUI launcher. It's really similar to LP but without the widgets unfortunately. It's almost like it was built for MIUI actually. Not the greatest alternative since It's not Launcher Pro but It's definitely worth trying out. They've made a lot of improvements since I last tried it. I think I'm going to stick with it for a while.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App