LauncherPro Laggy or What?

want a droid

Reaction score
So I finally downloaded LauncherPro about a week ago and I've been using it ever since. I always heard rave reviews about it and how it made the phone faster and smoother and the likes.

On my phone however it seems a lot more laggy than the original set up that came with my phone. I'll press apps on my screen and they'll take a bit to open. Overall it just seems slower.

Should I uninstall and just go back to my original or did they just put out an update that's made it messed up for some reason?

Any help?

BTW this was before the update that was put out today, and even after updating today it's still laggy.

pool_shark

Reaction score
No lag on mine. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now.

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Clear data and cache and uninstall and then reinstall. The dev told us to do that, it fixed my lag problems anyways. Also set cache to compact that helped me a lot.

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
Clear data and cache and uninstall and then reinstall. The dev told us to do that, it fixed my lag problems anyways. Also set cache to compact that helped me a lot.
Do that in the app or in main settings?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this is a common problem with LP. samsonite801 has a script/toggle in his sig line that worked wonders for me! once i tried it, my lag and screen redraws immediately disappeared. i have read that launcherpro.com has other proposed solutions, but i haven't had the need to resort to other means...

here is the script (assuming you are rooted, of course):

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

Last edited:

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is a common problem with LP. samsonite801 has a script/toggle in his sig line that worked wonders for me! once i tried it, my lag and screen redraws immediately disappeared. i have read that launcherpro.com has other proposed solutions, but i haven't had the need to resort to other means...

here is the script (assuming you are rooted, of course):

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

Did a quick Google and found that this setting locks the current home screen in memory...launcher Pro has a setting for this built-in if you want to use it - under "General" in LP preferences.

Last edited:

madroid1

Reaction score
in the advanced setting for launcherpro you can turn up your opening speeds. it defaults to 4, you can set up to 10. turn off animations too. mine opens in milliseconds.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i've also read that you can adjust your memory settings in LP, and this can help: menu<preferences<advanced settings<memory usage settings<memory usage preset<[choose light, low, or very low]

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im a big lp fan, but ima try adw for awhile. I want to try something different

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm a big fan of both, actually. right now, the thing tipping the scale in favor of LP is the launcher dock, with space for 15 icons, and the ability to customize the dock icon labels with text. if ADW ever does this, i'll be all over it, cuz i prefer ADW's expanded options for choosing widget sizes.

OP
want a droid

want a droid

Reaction score
App from market that replaces the home screen that came with the phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk