LauncherPro icons for homescreen

Grady

Reaction score
I've searched and haven't found much in the way of a direct way to do this. I've read how Bettercut can do this but also FolderOrganizer (which I bought but haven't figured out how to do it).

The goal here is to get the same style/type of icons that come with the default LauncherPro Plus to replace the default Droid X homescreen icons (so they match aesthetically).

I bought LPI (LauncherProIcons) and when I browse through them and select one...it says "Saving Icon" but where is it saving it to? I've tried going into the settings and changing the save path to "sdcard" and "sdcard/launcherproicons" but they never show up in those directories. Am I missing something or inserting the wrong path? Is there a better default save location?

I'd like to not have to buy anymore apps today as I already bought LPP, LPI, and FolderOrganizer hoping to accomplish this. Any help would be so very greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Grady

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
id check out folder organizer.

EDIT: just read the last line seeing you already did. did it not work like u wanted?

OP
G

Grady

Reaction score
Well, it could be that I just don't know exactly what I'm trying to do within Folder Organizer.

Edit: Also within the LauncherProIcon app...like I said, I can't figure out how to set a valid save location for the icons.

lterry913

Reaction score
the icons get saved to your gallery...folder organizer>select applications>press the down arrow next to the app you want to change>select icon from the menu that pops up>it will give you a default message...go past that and chose android image gallery>gallery>select your saved image>exit and go to home screen long press then select shortcut>folder organizer item>apps>and select the item you just created ...it will now appear on your home screen. Sounds lengthy but once you do it it is easy. Good luck.

OP
G

Grady

Reaction score
!!!

You got it!

Fantastic!! Thank you!

lterry913

Reaction score
no problem... you will find all kinds of help in the forums ...good luck and have fun!

jonfhancock

Reaction score
Maybe I need to describe the preferences a little better in the app.

When you edit the Icon Save Location and Dock Save Location in the preferences of LPi, you are editing which folder on the sd card to save to.

So if you change it to sdcard/lpicons it would get saved to /sdcard/sdcard/lpicons.

So basically it prepends /sdcard/ to whatever you put in that box.

By default it saves to /sdcard/LauncherProIcons and /sdcard/LauncherProDocks

Also, Desktop Visualizer is really nice, and much simpler than Bettercut for that purpose. I think LauncherPro is supposed to let you do that directly now using "LauncherPro Shortcuts" I haven't used them yet.

OP
G

Grady

Reaction score
Maybe I need to describe the preferences a little better in the app.

When you edit the Icon Save Location and Dock Save Location in the preferences of LPi, you are editing which folder on the sd card to save to.

So if you change it to sdcard/lpicons it would get saved to /sdcard/sdcard/lpicons.

So basically it prepends /sdcard/ to whatever you put in that box.

By default it saves to /sdcard/LauncherProIcons and /sdcard/LauncherProDocks

Also, Desktop Visualizer is really nice, and much simpler than Bettercut for that purpose. I think LauncherPro is supposed to let you do that directly now using "LauncherPro Shortcuts" I haven't used them yet.

Well, when I originally went into the settings and changed the location to "sdcard/icons" nothing showed up on the sdcard. And by default, like others have said, mine are saving to my phone's gallery.

I managed to accomplish the goal using FolderOrganizer, with the help from this thread. It would be nice to have LauncherPro do the same thing though. I'll look into LauncherPro Shortcuts and Desktop Visualizer.

I love your icons though. Using them right now.