Launcherpro...i now find no reason to overclock

jrl9851

Reaction score
I've been running 1.1ghz for months, but now since discovering launcherpro, I dropped back down to 600mhz. Its just soo smooth either way. Anyone else?

tbone73

Reaction score
Yeah launcher pro rocks, best launcher in my opinion. smooth and allows you to turn down CPU, but I did notice a glitch. after coming back from screen lock it comes back to all screens mode and when i select a screen the top row on all screens goes inactive for a while (2 minutes) and once I even rebooted my Droid to recover from it. Any ideas

aldaudio

Reaction score
LauncherPro Beta?

if that's what you're talking about, how do you over-clock with it?

tbone73

Reaction score
SetCPU from the market, but you have to be rooted.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LauncherPro Beta?

if that's what you're talking about, how do you over-clock with it?
Launcher Pro does not itself have overclock. Overclocking still requires root, an overclock kernel, and SetCPU.

I think the OP is merely mentioning that fact that Launcher Pro runs so smooth on their device they no longer see a need to overclock their Droid to have it running smooth.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hmmm...I dumped it in favor of Froyo's own 5 screens. I'm overclocked to 1 ghz.

tbone73

Reaction score
Launcher pro has up to 7 screens and is allot smoother than OEM Froyo launcher.

SGTiger

Reaction score
Yeah launcher pro rocks, best launcher in my opinion. smooth and allows you to turn down CPU, but I did notice a glitch. after coming back from screen lock it comes back to all screens mode and when i select a screen the top row on all screens goes inactive for a while (2 minutes) and once I even rebooted my Droid to recover from it. Any ideas

I am having issues where after running an app, upon returning to launcher pro I have a blank screen for a couple of minutes. Takes a while for the icons to populate. Doesn't happen every time, but it is getting to be quite aggravating.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Launcher pro has up to 7 screens and is allot smoother than OEM Froyo launcher.

I don't know if I see much difference, to be honest.

I think that less apps is better. Of course I could move it to the SD card via terminal, but I don't know. I think I'll stay as is.

tbone73

Reaction score

I am having issues where after running an app, upon returning to launcher pro I have a blank screen for a couple of minutes. Takes a while for the icons to populate. Doesn't happen every time, but it is getting to be quite aggravating.
r u running the latest update, ver: 0.5.1?

SGTiger

Reaction score

r u running the latest update, ver: 0.5.1?

Yeah it says LauncherPro Beta v0.5.1. I am running seven screens; maybe I should try less...

tbone73

Reaction score
maybe try 5 screens and do u have the 3D drawer set? that seems to be a bit unstable, if you do take it off 3D drawer. It's in the advance part of the setting for the LPro

SGTiger

Reaction score
maybe try 5 screens and do u have the 3D drawer set? that seems to be a bit unstable, if you do take it off 3D drawer. It's in the advance part of the setting for the LPro

Yeah I am using the 3D drawer. I really like that feature, but if going to 5 screens doesn't help then I will go to 2D. Thanks!

kiwiguy

Reaction score
I am having issues where after running an app, upon returning to launcher pro I have a blank screen for a couple of minutes. Takes a while for the icons to populate. Doesn't happen every time, but it is getting to be quite aggravating

I had the same problem with the latest version 0.5.1 (without 3D drawer being on) - so went back to the previous version and issue disappeared - so there is some lag being introduced in 0.5.1

rickt1152

Reaction score
I am having issues where after running an app, upon returning to launcher pro I have a blank screen for a couple of minutes. Takes a while for the icons to populate. Doesn't happen every time, but it is getting to be quite aggravating

I had the same problem with the latest version 0.5.1 (without 3D drawer being on) - so went back to the previous version and issue disappeared - so there is some lag being introduced in 0.5.1

I'm having the same issue with the newest version, unfortunately I didn't retain a backup of the old version. Anybody have a link to it?