LauncherPro...How Do I Read My Phone Button?

Whitechapel

Reaction score
LauncherPro...How Do I Redo My Phone Button?

So I accidentally screwed up my LauncherPro dock today, I somehow got rid of the phone icon. I've been Googling around and cannot find a way to readd the icon to the dock! How do I do it?

This is just the icon shortcut, I'm not trying to theme it or anything like that with custom images.

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
So I accidentally screwed up my LauncherPro dock today, I somehow got rid of the phone icon. I've been Googling around and cannot find a way to readd the icon to the dock! How do I do it?

This is just the icon shortcut, I'm not trying to theme it or anything like that with custom images.

Go into your app drawer and drag it back to the main screen where it was.

OP
Whitechapel

Whitechapel

Reaction score

Holy quick response! Thanks man.

I dragged it to the home screen. When I drag it to the Launcher Pro dock, it brings up the recycle bin. Every time I get near the dock the dock turns into a recycle bin.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!

+1, shadez beat me...
I believe you can also add it by long pressing home screen and adding the phone shortcut... I may be wrong so just do what shadez said! :)

Edit! ahh fast responses! xD longpress the icon you want to change, that's how you get stuff in the dock! :)

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

OP
Whitechapel

Whitechapel

Reaction score
+1, shadez beat me...
I believe you can also add it by long pressing home screen and adding the phone shortcut... I may be wrong so just do what shadez said! :)

Edit! ahh fast responses! xD longpress the icon you want to change, that's how you get stuff in the dock! :)

That did it. Thanks guys, mucho grande love for the quick responses!

OP
Whitechapel

Whitechapel

Reaction score
I'm back. :(

I can get the icon set up, but the shortcut is taking me to my contacts. When I long press the icon and go to Change shortcut, the option for Phone isn't there. How can I set the phone icon to actually be the phone?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I can get the icon set up, but the shortcut is taking me to my contacts. When I long press the icon and go to Change shortcut, the option for Phone isn't there. How can I set the phone icon to actually be the phone?

When it takes you to your contacts, dialer is not an option listed at the top of the page?

If not, just long press an empty spot on the home screen, select add shortcut, select application, select dialer from the app drawer. Once the dialer app is on the screen just drag it to one end of the dock (stay away from the trash can).

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!

Ok, you just need to longpress *in the dock* then add application, then phone. The phone is an application, don't forget that, when you remember that, your life will be easier! :)

Flyfisher... That is not what he was asking, he just needs the icon back in the dock.

OP
Whitechapel

Whitechapel

Reaction score
Under apps, dialer doesn't show up.

When I do the Phone, it shows the icon and all but takes me to contacts instead of the phone.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Under apps, dialer doesn't show up.

When I do the Phone, it shows the icon and all but takes me to contacts instead of the phone.

Well it really sounds like you don't have the dialer app. If that is the case, you do one of two things: 1. install an alternate dialer from the market. I used to use Dialer One, but there are others, 2) Reinstall your rom.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Aren't there tabs within the dialer, such as, dialer, contacts, recent, etc? Select dialer.