LauncherPro FC

alm0614

Reaction score
LauncherPro continuously FC's and then that clears it from being set as the default launcher, making me select LP every time i hit the home button after a FC... any ideas

blackops

Reaction score
I am trying to find out the samething as well. I keep losing everything as well and the FC are getting really annoying.

Hope something comes out from this thread.

Bdavis27701

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Found out it was clock work recovery. Once I reloaded sp recovery and reloaded UD ROM I have not had a problem since.

blackops

Reaction score
Bdavos27701 did you reflash to sp revovery and just restart the phone or did you reflash UD once you had sp reovery on your phone?

I never would have thought it was clockwork recovery. May have to try that.

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
I am running SPRecovery so i dont think thats it...

blackops

Reaction score
So much for that theory then. I am not sure what it is then at all.
Wonder if it could just be something that is weird for each phone for some strange reason.
Arggg, either way it is annoying that is for sure.

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
its definitely annoying and tempting me to leave UD.. maybe it'll be fixed in UD9

Bdavis27701

Reaction score
Bdavos27701 did you reflash to sp revovery and just restart the phone or did you reflash UD once you had sp reovery on your phone?

I never would have thought it was clockwork recovery. May have to try that.

I reflashed sp recovery 3 times, like recommended in another post. Then I wiped phone 3 times and reloaded the UD rom. My phone would false close when I tried loading launchpro and sometimes my phone would be a solid black screen after a reboot. Since going back to sp recovery and reloading UD8, I have had no problems.

MoDmAnDaN

Reaction score
its definitely annoying and tempting me to leave UD.. maybe it'll be fixed in UD9

It's not UD that's the issue. I have had this problem myself and all my research has surfaced one thing. LauncherPro is having this with many different ROM's and seems to be due to the facebook widget. I decided to test it and removed the LP Facebook widget and no more FC.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I tried Launcherpro and it FC'd on me continuously until I decided to reboot my phone then it worked. Launcherpro only had 3 home screens and I preferred the FRG22D default launcher style (where you can click in the bottom left/right to move the screen instead of requiring you to swipe left or right). I switched to the 3d one and so far seems to be working. It did FC on me once or twice with Facebook widget, but it seemed to be doing it only when I first launched it and tried updating my status. Once I canceled out and let it finish its "updates", then I had no problems since.

I don't think its just launcher pro, but the facebook widget.

the_kwa

Reaction score
as crazy as it sounds, i think my LP issue was do to the kernal i was using. i switched kernals and my problems were solved

neimand

Reaction score
I have the same issue, its not UD I had simply stunning 4.8 and couldnt do a thing with launcher pro everytime i touched anything it forced close put UD 8 on and its nowhere near as bad, dont know about the facebook thing though, i get rid of all that facebook crap as soon as possible but i'm sure theres hidden FB stuff there too after all facebook is the new plague.