LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

rjw0501

Reaction score
Got another update. Remove icon labels and wider Froyo drawer so far.
Damn...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Icon label removal was there two updates ago. The update today bring the wide Froyo style launcher background and Nexus One dot screen indicators.

Edit: I just tried out the wide Froyo background and it looks damn nice.

What exactly is the Nexus One Dot Screen Indicators, and how do they work?

Thanks
-Bob

techRob

Reaction score
I love it! This update does what I was hoping for in the last one! :icon_ banana:
I actually shrunk my dock bar to standard froyo with just 2 apps (i had 4 and wanted the wide froyo), and added the dot-screen indicators...I just like those for some weird reason (because of this i went and installed the free version of "more icons" - so i can squeeze the two icons i ditched back on to the homescreen (plus one).

I think LauncherPro is probably my favorite app on my phone right now! lol :D

techRob

Reaction score
Think of them as an abacus(sp?). Say you have 5 home screens. If you turn on the left and right indicators (left on the left side, right on the right side), you should see two of them on either side when you're at your middle screen (or screen 3). Slide to "screen 4" , then one of the indicators on the right, moves to the left, leaving one on the right. Basically like saying "Hey - you have 3 screen-slides to the left you can make, or one more to the right." If you not very well oriented with your layout, forget, or have a lot of homescreens, it'll help you figure out where you're at (a slight time saver in some cases). :)

rjw0501

Reaction score
Think of them as an abacus(sp?). Say you have 5 home screens. If you turn on the left and right indicators (left on the left side, right on the right side), you should see two of them on either side when you're at your middle screen (or screen 3). Slide to "screen 4" , then one of the indicators on the right, moves to the left, leaving one on the right. Basically like saying "Hey - you have 3 screen-slides to the left you can make, or one more to the right." If you not very well oriented with your layout, forget, or have a lot of homescreens, it'll help you figure out where you're at (a slight time saver in some cases). :)

I have 5 screens set up....but there are no dots anywhere? How do i turn them on??

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

I have 5 screens set up....but there are no dots anywhere? How do i turn them on??

Long press on the end dock shortcuts - there will be an option to make them a homescreen indicator (the icon is a bunch of dots).

bmb0205

Reaction score
Can someone post the change log? The site isn't working for me

edit* actually I see it's just the nexus dots and the froyo wide background...but what is this wide background and where do I find it?

edit* found it again lol nevermind!

Last edited:

rjw0501

Reaction score
Im following all the directions you guys are giving.....I cant get these dots anywhere....little more help if possible.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Got another update. Remove icon labels and wider Froyo drawer so far.
Damn...

Icon label removal was there two updates ago. The update today bring the wide Froyo style launcher background and Nexus One dot screen indicators.

Edit: I just tried out the wide Froyo background and it looks damn nice.
Ahh ok. Cool.

jackals

Reaction score
how do i install this? what do I do, just got my LG ally.. learning the android stuff. Thanks guys

I downloaded it and its called launcherpro.apk.. now how do I get it on my phone? I mounted the phone so it can accept files.. I put it in a folder.. but can't find it.. how does this work?

Last edited:

hemidroid

Reaction score
For some reason LP is not working in the market. I can download it but can't open the app.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I was able to update from the Market just moments ago. I didn't have an alert yet but I went to market\downloads and it showed the update available (0.4.3)

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have had some battery drain off and on the last few days. I think its a combination of leaving gps on and beautiful widgets updating all the time. Beautiful widgets used up 43% of my battery in 6 hours.