LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Dunno what is up with the excessive battery usage some of you are getting. Mine hasn't changed. In fact LP doesn't even show a percentage of usage. Just a thought but maybe try unistalling any other launchers you may have.

dclutter1

Reaction score
Mine hasn't changed either. I also haven't changed my layout (added more widgets) since switching to LP

NetNathan

Reaction score
I just noticed in my notifications after my last LP update.
Anybody encountered this notification "Connected to Multimedia Station" 'select to open launcher".
When you select it gives a launch box to chose "Clock" or Multimedia Station"?
Either one does nothing.

Hmm sounds like it thinks it is in the media dock. Don't happen to have any magnets around it do you? lol

Not unless my hand has recently had a magnet installed....no magnet rings on either....lol

After reboot the notification is gone. I will have to watch to see what makes it appear.

pyro6128

Reaction score
to the people experiencing excessive battery usage, did you take the widgets off of your previous launchers? I remember reading that if you don't remove all of the widgets from your other launchers or homes, they continue to run. This goes for any launcher or home replacement. Its worth a shot to check it out.

FrostMan

Reaction score
I love the new option in advanced settings for one more row on the homescreens.

Finally can use up the space efficiently.

29d8ztl.jpg

MJ5150

Reaction score
The speed is just one feature. It also allows you to have up to 7 screens, hide the notification bar and icon titles, dock four shortcuts at the bottom so they appear on home screens, have a 4x5 set up (five rows on every screen as opposed to 4), and put 5 columns in the app tray. They are other nice features as well, but these are the main ones for me.......

Personally it's more about the features these home replacements bring rather than any speed increase......

And the speed is great but if this was a stock launcher with speed and nothing else, it wouldn't be as popular. The dev has been really great and added a lot of other features that make it excellent. The speed is just a bonus, an EXCELLENT bonus.

Thanks for those comments guys/gals. I'll give it a look. I thought it was only about being faster.

-Mike

eyerockz

Reaction score
yes, just long press on the dolphin browser icon and drag it down to your dock.
i just longpressed on it, and tried to put it over the stock browser thing, and it didnt work

you don't drag - lock press on the browser dock icon - you can select whatever application you want, and what icon you want

Tried that but still can't put a different icon, I want to use an icon through BetterCut.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
i just longpressed on it, and tried to put it over the stock browser thing, and it didnt work

you don't drag - lock press on the browser dock icon - you can select whatever application you want, and what icon you want

Tried that but still can't put a different icon, I want to use an icon through BetterCut.

You don't need to use bettercut to use custom icons. When you long press and select an application it will ask you where you where you want to choose your icon from. Pick custom icon and then choose your gallery to pick your custom icon.

jl1030

Reaction score
has anyone got the v0.4.2 apk to share please?
no matter how many times i download from the market, still 0.4.1, and no update available...
:-(

seang

Reaction score
i liked this launcher before, but now i totally dig this launcher

snapshot72306417235295.jpg

armeddroid

Reaction score
Got another update. Remove icon labels and wider Froyo drawer so far.
Damn...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got another update. Remove icon labels and wider Froyo drawer so far.
Damn...

Don't forget the nexus dots support too! Lol

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh damn. Where?!

It takes up two od the shortcuts tho, long press on one of the shortcuts and select homescreen.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Ahh ok. Got it. Thanks, J.
Gee now it feels like......
without hidden drawer.
Lol