Launcher2 + Live Walpaper = Tons of Rebbots

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by loop4zil, Feb 26, 2010.

1. loop4zil

loop4zil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Probably nothing new to report....

I have been messing around with the smoked glass launcher2.apk from the COW rom. I love the look and the buttons. I have had it installed for about 5 days now

If I run a static wall paper I can go for about a Day and a half with out a glitch....but eventually I have to do a battery pull or droid self reboot happens.

If I run a LWP..I can go for about 10 mins or less before it just shuts down.

Wonder why that happens...could it be because I still have the original launcher.apk installed? Or is it just the simple fact that launcher2 is not intended to run on 2.0.1?

Running BB 1.1 OCd at 1GHz.

Whoops: Rebbots = Reboots

2. destinydmm

destinydmm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Happened to me too. I had both BB 1.1 OCd @ 800. and DroidMod 1.0 also OCd @ 800. I had non stop reboots. I guess b/c 2.1 Drawer is so buggy and the phone has too many 2.1 apps/programs running on 2.0.1?? who knows . . . .

3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    There are three things that are notorious for causing problems on almost all droids: 1) Live Wallpapers, 2) Launcher2 and 3) Virus Protections Apps.

Add virus protection and I bet your phone will explode!!

Seriously, those two apps are very, very buggy. Many people can not run Live Wallpapers and nobody can run Launcher2 (all right I can not be serious!!). Good luck with that hand grenade!!

I can not help myself with your thread. Running those two together is like an alcoholic saying, well, I think I'll start smoking.

4. loop4zil

loop4zil Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ha!

Yeah I had read about bugs with launcher2 and with LWPs. I was running LWPs with stock launcher and had no issues....then I was running launcher2 with static wall papers with minor issues...so I said: "Maybe I have :motdroidvert:'The Chosen Droid':motdroidvert: and can run what ever the hell I want!" Apparently my Droid is normal and not sent here to save the universe.

For now I am sticking with the luancher2 and using normal wallpapers. Live wallpapers were cool but they lost there impact after awhile.

5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Glad you didn't take offense at my nonsense. :)

I used Launcher2 off and on since it became available. I kept hoping someone would make it work on my droid. I really liked it, but my droid simply would not run it correctly. I've finally given up. I've never been interested in Live Wallpapers. But there are a ton of folks that are and I believe they are getting some roms now that will run them.

Anyway, good luck and have fun.

6. JeffR714

JeffR714 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Installing Smoked Glass Themes

Just finished installing the smoked glass 4.5 on my Droid and was wondering does anyone know how to install the themes? (Smoked Glass 2.0) I can't find instructions

7. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    there is no stability if you're using live wallpapers and launcher2 simultaneously.

each running separately works fine...

the best combination is 2.0.1 launcher + live wallpapers... only thing you're missing is LWP's interactiveness (is that even a word?)

8. destinydmm

destinydmm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you wanr LWPs to be interactive with 2.0.1 launcher. Use GDE v0.2.8 or higher. As it has added support forLWPs. I'm running DroidMod v1.0, w/ Smoked Glass theme, and Stanc'blk bar (for white clock & font in notifications tab) & OCd @ 800. My phone works great and no crashes/reboots.

9. Sodner

Sodner Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I WAS running DM1.0 with 2.1 launcher and LWP and it was basically unuseable. Locked up and rebooted ever 5 min.

Went back to stock this morning. I give up. I reaized if I want those features IMHO it will never be on a Droid. N1 in March here I come!

10. destinydmm

destinydmm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can't use roms w/ live wallpapers. You must use gde as it has support for lwps. My phone is running retardedly smooth

11. mth04

mth04 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0

That's not totally accurate...2.1 when released may not have the new launcher or live wp,but I wouldn't say never. Also before thinking its better and just ordering. I would suggest trying the N1 and touching it.

12. Varking

Varking Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been running AdamZ SmokedGlass5.0 rom all night with launcher2 and livewallpapers and I have not crashed or had a single force close yet. You may want to give that a go and see how it works for you.

Search tags for this page

live walpaper

net live walpaper
ton live walpaper
walpaper live
www.live walpaper.com
www.walpaper.com