launcher2.apk

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Everyone I've heard of who has issues with it is running a home replacement app..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm only running Beautiful Widgets. No home replacement apps. Maybe that's why I don't have issues. :)

Nat3Th3Ap3

Reaction score
I also am not running any home replacement apps. Thinking about getting Beautiful Widgets but maybe that is also why I am not running in to any issues. Maybe after work I'll download a home replacement app to see if that could be one of the issues.

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score
its never givin me problems either only if u switch into landscape while at the home screen it tends to freeze the whole screen except for the app drawer. to me its understandable though since it isnt designed for landscape yet

dfwdroid

Reaction score
Every single iteration of launcher2.apk I have used produces some of the most bugged out things I have seen on my Droid, such as 'redrawing' the home page where apps and widgets slowly appear after flipping a page, general overall lag and of course let me not forget to mention the abundant force closes.

:mad:

AGREE! Don't know how many times I tried it and had to uninstall. I want so much for it to work but to many FCs.

Bummer. . .I have not had a single forces close, no lag and absolutly no problems with it at all. I have icons and widgets on every single page also and I'm still not running in to any issues. I do take that back the only issue I have had is where the lettering on the icon list is a little off center and looks messed up but a quick restart fixes this.

are you running the stock OS or you are rooted and loaded with other ROM?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
its never givin me problems either only if u switch into landscape while at the home screen it tends to freeze the whole screen except for the app drawer. to me its understandable though since it isnt designed for landscape yet

lol....Mine does not switch to landscape. Is there something you need to do to get it in landscape, because it sure doesn't work for me.

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score

lol....Mine does not switch to landscape. Is there something you need to do to get it in landscape, because it sure doesn't work for me.

oh i meant when you slide open the keyboard on the home screen. i wish it wouldnt go into landscape on the home screen period even when the keyboard is opened. i dont see the point in the home screen landscape

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

oh i meant when you slide open the keyboard on the home screen. i wish it wouldnt go into landscape on the home screen period even when the keyboard is opened. i dont see the point in the home screen landscape

Makes sense. I never use the keyboard. Just tried it and sure enough it went to landscape. :)

Laramie

Reaction score

Same thing happened to me. Launcher locked up and I could only open the app drawer but apps wouldn't even scroll. I had to use the menu button from the home screen to access settings, then uninstall.

This was after the phone just decided to reboot on it's own. I did however install "Home Switcher". Some in other threads have mentioned that more problems occur when a home switcher/launcher is used. I might try again later without "Home Switcher" installed. Only thing is if I sent Launcher 2.1 as the default when I hit the how can I restore the default home launcher back without having to uninstall 2.1 again?

Nat3Th3Ap3

Reaction score
AGREE! Don't know how many times I tried it and had to uninstall. I want so much for it to work but to many FCs.

Bummer. . .I have not had a single forces close, no lag and absolutly no problems with it at all. I have icons and widgets on every single page also and I'm still not running in to any issues. I do take that back the only issue I have had is where the lettering on the icon list is a little off center and looks messed up but a quick restart fixes this.

are you running the stock OS or you are rooted and loaded with other ROM?

No I'm running the stock OS, I went back to the stock when they announced 2.1 and now I'm just going to stick with it till they release 2.1

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
Mount your Droid via USB to your PC.

Copy the Launcher2.apk to the root of the SD card in your Droid.

Using the ASTRO file manager app, browse to the Launcher2.apk file itself on the SD card root.

Tap it. You will now have two options: Install and Browse to Application.

Tap install...

When you hit the home key you'll be asked to choose from 'Home' or 'Launcher', Launcher will give you that new Launcher you just installed.

Just to warn you in advance though that it is seriously buggy and you'll most likely end up removing it anyway. :/

Just what is buggy about it???? Everyone keeps saying that but I don't see it.
mine worked for a week then it froze did a battery pull started up unlocked froze. did another batery pull went into astro and uninstalled it fast never had a problem after that. so i knew it was the launcher

OP
V

vandyike

Reaction score
settings for nonmkt

Downloaded ok ? Where do I find the settings for install non mkt apps?