Launcher....

in99flames

Reaction score
Hey guys...I know this was discussed....I could not seem to find where though even with search tool. I like ADW but on the new gingerbread X2 update it chugs through screens and is clunky. Is there a way I can tweak the settings to make it smooth? Or can anyone recommend a similar launcher that has as many options?

Thanks!

:)

billmcg

Reaction score
I thought i would add my 2 cents here...

i was using AWD free version, and i was having similar issues with it being sluggish, lagging and choppy.

i have frozen the home.blur.apk with titanium, with no effect.

i read an earlier post about an app that you can download to get paid apps

so i decided to try ADW EX, just for giggles, and the difference in my phone was striking, all of the sluggish, lagging and choppy issues vanished, the phone is now fast and responsive.

now i'm not advocating downloading paid apps, but considering the difficulty getting just normal stuff to work, i do not have a problem with it in the case of the DX2. Sometimes it can take a while for issues to manifest themselves, sometimes a trial just doesn't cut it.

i will give this a try for a week or so, along with a different audio program and see if these issues do not return. If after a week or so of hard use and all is well, i will download the paid versions.