Launcher

Deftone7

Reaction score
Im caught between Go Launcher and Pro.. and the problem is I want to find good themes that i like preferably black/blue or black/green or even black/red. Any suggestions? (Hoping for atleast change in icons and homescreen) I looked at ADW but some of the themes were priced as well as it was sluggish on the free ones.

Try Go Launcher EX with Honeycomb theme. That always looks the best to me. It needs more icons but it does have the main Apps covered. I usually use Honeycomb theme then search for other themes with same colored icons. Remember you can customize every icon so long as you have the theme installed.

Deftone7

Reaction score
Sense is great, but variety is the spice of life! If I just wanted one setup, i would've got the other phone.

Sent 2 u via Incredible 2

I have to agree with you on this. I used to hate Sense with a passion. It was so plain and ugly and slowed my android down. BUT.... The Sense on this Incredible 2 is just straight up beautiful. The Slate skin is nice and it looks great throughout UI.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
I have to agree with you on this. I used to hate Sense with a passion. It was so plain and ugly and slowed my android down. BUT.... The Sense on this Incredible 2 is just straight up beautiful. The Slate skin is nice and it looks great throughout UI.

I agree. I tried the blux AS theme.. i looks amazing.. but the icons in my opinion are too small and if there are no free clock widgets that include weather like beautiful widget(priced) or sense.. i think i'll stick to sense for now perhaps. Why does everything good gotta be priced?! :[

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I used GO on my Droid1 after trying the rest.
I am going to stick with Stock right now but just wanted to suggest a really neat one I tried the other day on my DINC2 after someone at work told me to try it.
Look for Regina 3D in the Market. It's gorgeous and runs well on our phones.
Not that customizable but very pretty. I will probably try that again when I get bored of the stock launcher.

Droid noob

Reaction score
Launcher Pro. Best on battery and System IMHO.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

My preference had changed to go launcher ex sincethe gingerbread update. Launcher pro won't let me set default homescreen anymore. Dev says it's a phone issue, but go launcher doesn't have this problem.

Sent 2 u via Incredible 2

tylerlawhon

Reaction score
Try Go Launcher EX with Honeycomb theme. That always looks the best to me. It needs more icons but it does have the main Apps covered. I usually use Honeycomb theme then search for other themes with same colored icons. Remember you can customize every icon so long as you have the theme installed.

For black and green, try c.black theme for golauncher ex

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

Conz

Reaction score
can someone link me to a tutorial on what the hell a launcher is? im clueless, and i fear downloading one b.c i have no idea what it does

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Don't fear it brother. This is how you learn.
Download any of the ones suggested here and just try it.
A launcher just changes the look of your phone.
You can remove it easily with an uninstall. Don't pick a default and you can switch between them when you press home.
You will understand that after you try it.
Go for it. Have fun. We won't steer you wrong here.

Conz

Reaction score
ok, so i started messing with go launcher... can someone explain why the widgets won't load up? it took me 2 hours to set the damn thing up. i clicked home button to go back to sense, and when i came back to go, the widgets wouldnt load. Also, if i set go as my default, and decide i want to go back to sense, how would i do that? I assume if i click the check box, the home button no longer gives me the option of checking. And why when i change the wallpaper/theme in go, it also changes it in sense? I want to work out the kinks. Also, i need a clean clock/date combo, b/c i cant find one. its kinda annoying that everything doesnt just come in one package and i have to download every little thing. thanks also - does having 2 launchers running affect battery? and i like the "running" tab in my go app tray, but what is facebook and mobile im always running? I havent even logged onto facebook in a month and ive never even used mobile im. it says i only have 117m/620m for my free/total memory, that sucks.

Last edited:

lmolloy

Reaction score
Adw ex...love it. Very lightweight, fast, customizable

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Conz

Reaction score
been using Go for a while now, runs well, looks clean, no complaints