Launcher with 3 icons per line

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Over50Droid, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Over50Droid

Over50Droid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a launcher that may have 3 or 5 icons per screen line. I prefer order in my life so I'd like to put an icon in the middle of a line. Having 4 icons per line just does not give me the Feng Shui I want when setting up my screens. Does anybody know of one?
    I'm running the Simply Stunning ROM with some over clocking. Works like a charm.

2. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Koush's Cyanogen ROM for the Droid has a re-worked launcher (helix) that has 5 rows of icons. Of course you'd have to switch ROMs, but as far as I know, this is the only way to do it currently.

Edit: 5 rows are with the standard launcher...not Helix. Just reflashed Cyanogen 5.0.5 and it was there. I understand your need for "Feng Shui".... I'm a bit OCD when it comes to my phone. I have to make sure EVERYTHING is set up perfect and everything is updated...and...etc etc. It's a PITA sometimes

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  3. Over50Droid

Over50Droid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not looking for an odd number of rows. I want 3 or 5 icon spaces in each row. If I want one icon in a particular row, I can't put it dead center. It will be off center because of the default 4 icon spaces per row.

4. hookerdj

hookerdj Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    get the free more icons program it lines up all your icons slightly smaller like 16 takes the place of 4 i think i dunno its pretty cool looking i dunno if anyone played with it or not?

5. carlz28

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry, I meant 5 columns...unlimited rows of course. The more apps you have, the longer the list/rows will be. I'll reflash it later today and post a screenshot for you.

Edit: Also, you can't manually place icons arbitrarily in your launcher tray. They are arranged alphabetically when you install/uninstall an app. Are you perhaps wanting a homescreen that has the ability to have 3 or 5 icons per row? And not a app launcher? If so, I'm pretty sure there is no way of doing that currently.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  6. carlz28

Ratings:
    +1
    Attached are the screenshots of the 5-column launcher. If you notice, the one picture still shows the homescreen, which is still only 4 icons across. There is currently no way to make 5 rows and/or columns on your homescreen...only in the launcher..and ONLY if you are rooted and using Koush's Cyanogen ROM.

Search tags for this page

5 apps per row

reduce number of icons per row iphone 4