1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Launcher will not open: Black screen with notification bar.

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by R2Dtard, May 14, 2011.

1. R2Dtard

R2Dtard New Member

I updated from 2.2.1 (on liberty 2.0.1 as well) to the rooted gingerbread leak (Gingerbread Released for DROID X and 2, Downloads and Instructions Provided - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog).

It worked fine at first, but i couldnt edit contacts. So i wiped data in hopes it would fix the problem. Now my launcher seems to be corrupted or something, because i only can see my notification bar after unlocking the screen. I still get service as well as notifications in my bar, just have no launcher (no dock, wallpaper, icons, app drawer, etc.)

Any suggestions? Would it be a bad idea to just re-apply the rooted gingerbread zip?

Thanks in advance.

ETA: I did freeze some applications (including back up manager, and my verizon) using the rename method (changing apk to bak with root explorer). Dont know if that makes a difference. Thanks again.
  2. R2Dtard

R2Dtard New Member

Ended up just flashing the update zip again, which aborted during the process. However when i rebooted everything was back to normal? oh well.
  3. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz New Member

Hello R2D. Glad to see some more NC members here in the community. Im right up the road here in Rocky Mount. Ayways i just got around to reading everything here and was wondering if the problem persists or did you solve it?
Search tags for this page
android black screen on launchers
android launcher black screen
android no launcher just a black screen
android notification bar will not start
android screen is black with notification bar still active
android+notification+black screen

black screen only notification bar

droid blank notifications
droid x black screen with notification bar
link will not open-black x
notification bar black screen