Launcher will not open: Black screen with notification bar.

R2Dtard

Reaction score
I updated from 2.2.1 (on liberty 2.0.1 as well) to the rooted gingerbread leak (Gingerbread Released for DROID X and 2, Downloads and Instructions Provided - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog).

It worked fine at first, but i couldnt edit contacts. So i wiped data in hopes it would fix the problem. Now my launcher seems to be corrupted or something, because i only can see my notification bar after unlocking the screen. I still get service as well as notifications in my bar, just have no launcher (no dock, wallpaper, icons, app drawer, etc.)

Any suggestions? Would it be a bad idea to just re-apply the rooted gingerbread zip?

Thanks in advance.

ETA: I did freeze some applications (including back up manager, and my verizon) using the rename method (changing apk to bak with root explorer). Dont know if that makes a difference. Thanks again.

OP
R2Dtard

R2Dtard

Reaction score
Ended up just flashing the update zip again, which aborted during the process. However when i rebooted everything was back to normal? oh well.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello R2D. Glad to see some more NC members here in the community. Im right up the road here in Rocky Mount. Ayways i just got around to reading everything here and was wondering if the problem persists or did you solve it?