Launcher talk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Anyone tried the Yandex launcher yet?
Holy crap! I've tried just about every launcher out there and cannot believe how smooth and fluid this one is.
The only thing I don't like is that you cannot use any of your own widgets. Wierd, right?

I know this is kind of a "General" post which could go in the main Droid forum but I wanted to start one here that we could use to specifically talk about launchers that run well on our models.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
New favorite: ATOM LAUNCHER. WOW. This thing is blazing fast.
Talk about Z E R O lag. I think Jimmythegent needs to try this one.
Very customizable too. I'm a fan and it's been my daily for a week now.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

lol, i need a smiley with a fire poker
ill just let that jtj comment go View attachment 65176

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Am I the only one using a different launcher? Really? 342 views and ONE comment?
Isn't this a discussion forum? :D

KaChow

Reaction score
The low activity gets rather annoying... I have a number of threads that have high views and no comments.

For me, I tend to stick with my DD Apex Launcher. But that doesn't mean that there aren't other good Launchers, one that I happen to like is Smart Launcher, it is a minimalistic launcher, that is quick. There's also Lightning Launcher which I happen to like. And just to mention this one as I didn't yet is 3... 2... 1.... Nova Launcher. This one is good for those Apple fans...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Nova ...hands down in my book the best ..everything you need in a launcher ...latest update added the best transitions and badge count customize.plus dock themes....pro version is worth it ..

N2 tap'd HD

Last edited:

Sal R.

Reaction score
I've stuck with Apex launcher just because I'm too lazy to redo my setup with other launchers and it works just fine.

jimmythegent

Reaction score

Downloading it now, the other launcher wasnt bad, but started getting buggy and old....

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Atom is pretty good at copying your existing setup, Sal.

There are only a few launchers I haven't tried. I was impressed with Nova at first. But Atom, 2 weeks in, continues to Impress. This is the one.

Bwen, you paid for that? Does it run well?

I just cannot pay $16 for a Launcher. I tried the trial. It was nice. But I just will not pay that much for a launcher. Trust me it's not that I can't afford it. I believe in speaking with my dollars. If no one bought that for $15.99 they would have lowered the price.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Atom is pretty good at copying your existing setup, Sal.

There are only a few launchers I haven't tried. I was impressed with Nova at first. But Atom, 2 weeks in, continues to Impress. This is the one.

Bwen, you paid for that? Does it run well?

I just cannot pay $16 for a Launcher. I tried the trial. It was nice. But I just will not pay that much for a launcher. Trust me it's not that I can't afford it. I believe in speaking with my dollars. If no one bought that for $15.99 they would have lowered the price.

yes i paid for it.
i like it, its pretty snappy and seems to do a lot more things than i have taken the time to figure out.
usually gets updates a lot too, once a week or so, some times more.

only bug i have seen is, it forgets its default when you reboot or it updates. its not a problem with my phone, but i dont know if it does it on all models.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
STILL Loving Atom. I do not think I have been this happy with a launcher EVAR.

I have tried over 10 different launchers. Nothing has made my phone run this smoooth and lag free. Nothing. You really owe it to yourselves to try this bad boy.
I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH ATOM. LOL
I do use Nova Premium (nought during the 99 cent sale on Play) on my tablet but am tempted to now try Atom on it...

lloydsw

Reaction score
Okay Pere, I'm going to give Atom a shot. I gave up a long time ago trying different launchers on my tablet as I was never quite happy with the result. So I've just used the stock launcher on my Razr. So here goes, the play store is sending it to my phone.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Atom looks just as stock as Nova. With Nova I still saw occasionally lag on my RAZR HD. With Atom? None. Zero. Zilch.
Try it DoubleTapp. Doesn't hurt.

Lloydsw? Am I speaking the truth???