Launcher replacement?

baldybill

Reaction score
Ok, These types of launcher replacement reviews seem to be a dime a dozen, but many of them are 6 months old or more.
I'm trying to decide between LauncherPro, Go Launcher, and ADW (which seems slow and buggy). [I'm picking those 3 since the latest ICS theme supports all three]
So, I guess it's down to Launcher Pro and Go Launcher.
What's everyone's thoughts on this?

CoOkMaYnE

Reaction score
I had ADW for over a year and launcher pro/Go launcher before that. I liked ADW better then the launcher pro and Go launcher, but after dealing with the constant lag, freezing, redraws and force closes, I switched to Go launcher and was able to convert over my favorite theme from ADW(Tha Crack). I tried contacting the ADW dev multiple times about correcting the multiple issues with no response. It was very irritating since I paid for both ADW and Tha Crack theme and never received a response and eventually unable to send email period. Like I said though, theres an app you can download to convert themes of other launchers over to Go launcher. Its similar to home switcher. I've had no problems with Go launcher up to this point and my phone operates much better now! I put up with ADW for WAY too long simply because of the look.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

doublea500

Reaction score
I like go launcher. I have used all three for long periods of time. Adw gets kinda slow after time, launcher pro starts off quick but then gets incredibly slow and has a lot of force closes. Go launcher has always been fast for me. It hs a load of features, more thenthe others I believe, and its nice looking

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am running Go Launcher on my OG Droid and it has been really good. I think between LPP, ADW EX and Go Launcher it's all how it runs on your phone, between the three of them though, you can't go to wrong. I do seem to have far less, if any at all, force closes with Go Launcher. With LPP and ADW I would always get force closes on every reboot and they both seemed to take a lot longer to load my apps from my SD card.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
ADW was great, still is imho, but the dev has definitely slowed down (stopped?) activity. At least GO has a full team behind it with other products.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use LP and Go Launcher. I don't see how you can go wrong with either one

Boot Manager

CoOkMaYnE

Reaction score
The app I was referring to about converting themes from one launcher to another is called 'desk migrate' incase anyone is curious.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

deborah3756

Reaction score
I love Go launcher, the developers are always updating the app. Launcher Pro, which I bought, the developers seem to have abandoned so, I dropped it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I have used ADW EX for over a year trouble free, anderwebbs is a busy developer and a heck of a guy. He is working on implementing new features.

Launcher Pro is Launcher Pro.

GO is nice, but just as memory intensive as ADW.