Launcher Pro

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Ok I was wondering if anyone new how to make a persons number pop up when u add them to the shortcut bar on the bottom....mine goes to there contact list but iv saw some on youtube that just pop there number up....any help thanx

Using TapaTalk Damnit!!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been tooling around in lp for a while trying to figure this out for you and haven't found anything as of yet, but I have a question. When you say you want their number to pop up do you want to press the icon and have the name card show up or like an option to call them?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
on youtube the people push it and the contacts pop up like when you hit there face when your in the contacts itself....I just hate how it moves you to there whole contact list.....watch at 2:08 and you will c what im talking about

[video=youtube;2S4PjPTCueQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S4PjPTCueQ[/video]

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Watching that video it shows him changing the dock icon to a contact, and if I do it the same thing on my phone it just brings up their name card. It's really weird but I guess it could be because that video shows an earlier build of lp.

OP
Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
yea thats what mine does is the name card as well and i hate that i was hoping it was just a setting but i guess not

james4133

Reaction score
I'm using lp 0.8.1.1 (most recent version afaik), and I can either add a direct dial icon to the dock bar, or I can add a contact icon, which will bring up the name card from which I can choose to call, email, text, etc. (Just like the video).

If I hit the direct dial, it goes right to an outgoing call.

What are you trying to get it to do other than the above?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The video shows a scroll bar that pops up from the dock that has the options you would see when you click on someones face in the contacts list like this

46c3d46d-44bf-b0ca.jpg

But when we add a contact to the dock it brings up a name card like this

46c3d46d-44e8-0442.jpg

james4133

Reaction score
This is what I see when I add a contact to the dock bar and click on it:
48dd691f-47b2-115f.jpg

Not sure if this is a difference been a Droid 1 and 2...doesn't seem to make sense that it would be...are you running Froyo, rooted or not?

I'm running BB v0.5 but I had thought something like contact management would be the same thing.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wth yeah I'm rooted running stock. The guy in the video had a d1 too that could be it.

OP
Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
yea im not rooted and still does to the contact like that idk whats going on i guess its the D1 and that sucks they changed it