Launcher Pro+ Widgets

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Tsip85, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Tsip85

Tsip85 Member

OK, I've done searches and read a thousand posts...Does anyone know of any skinned or themed Launcher Pro Widgets. I've got to have my calender, but I hate the default look. And the people widget is nowhere close to matching my watermarkd facebook widget. Anything????
  2. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

All I've been inclined to do is change the little triangles in the calendar widget (see sig), but I doubt changing the background would be difficult. I hadn't thought about it as I kind of like the look of it, but now that you've put the bug in my ear.... :blink:
  3. Benny879

Benny879 New Member

4. Tsip85

Tsip85 Member

Being a Horns fan, I love the orange triangles. If the background matched all the black witgets it would look sweet!!!!
  5. elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo New Member

Care to share how to change the color of the triangles. The widget's original ones just blend in and i'd love to have a bright color instead.

Sent from Droid2
  6. Tsip85

Tsip85 Member

I really like the look of the Galaxy Theme. Is that a blue frame/title bar and a transparent background? Is there anyway you could come closs to matching the glossy black background from the watermarkd theme (Jim's post above) with the same transparent background? I love transparent backgrounds, or black on my widgets, ant the Galaxy one looks great, but I don't think the blue would match all the black and orange I have on my home screens.
  7. Tsip85

Tsip85 Member

Jim, where did you get the blue skinned audio manager widget? I had to remove my audio manager widget because the colors are rediculous and I'm not a big fan of the checkered background.
  8. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

I've been playing with my LP since the start of this thread. I seem to be having an issue figuring out which image is the background..... any thoughts? If I can make something everyone likes, I'll put it in an update.zip for easy install.

I used PS and Xultimate. If you give me a base color, I can make the triangles for you and if needed, the apk in an update.zip format.

I don't remember where I got it (it was here on the boards) but I know that I made the background as the original didn't have a transparent one. I'll attach it, you can install like an update zip file.
  9. Tsip85

Tsip85 Member

ah..thanks for attaching!!! Can I install that through SPR?
  10. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Should be able to rename to update.zip and install as.... well.... as an update.zip :D
  11. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

So Benny, which png is the bg of the calendar app?
  12. Tsip85

Tsip85 Member

Hmmm....I installed the audio manager file as update.zip, but when I went to add the widget I still got the stock one. Should I un-install audio manager first, then install the update file?
  13. Benny879

Benny879 New Member

The market version of LPP does not have a background image that you can just change. It's burried in .xml code somewhere. If you start with Signals modified LPP found here then you can use the s23_bg.9.png image to alter the background. All widgets use the same background image so you cant make different widgets have different backgrounds.
  14. mcatdtDroid

mcatdtDroid New Member

I'll have to break down and do the long way around version of screen shots (since I'm not rooted) but I have themed up my LP to what I like anyways. make a folder in your DCIM folder and call it whatever (I call mine Icons) You can get any icon you want off the internet.

I downloaded a free widget maker - desktop visualizer.

now, I create a widget, choose the desktop visualizer size you want (1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 4x1, 3x1, or 2x1) I simply choose the app, assign the previously saved icon and viola.... customized icon on your homescreen.

Mine is a FSU theme, complete with icons in the launcher bar at the bottom (I even have a nice panorama of Ruby Diamond Auditorium (at FSU) as the background of the launcher tray.

Desktop visualizer has fixed all of my customization concerns.
  15. mcatdtDroid

mcatdtDroid New Member

referring to your sig....
    Everytime I post my screen shots in the past, I always edit out the names on the facebook widgets at the time. To me, it's like license plates on a vehicle.... just figure the best thing to do is just not post it. Even if for no other reason than to prevent inet trolls from anonymously private messaging her and saying "Do you know that Jim has your facebook name posted all over a droid forum saying we need to harrass you" And even though it's not true, its still going to cause you headaches