Launcher Pro stuck in system/app.... WHY????

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by Mbk, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

just wondering, because it seems to suck there, and not sure why there is no option to move it back to data/app...unless I'm missing something, which could be due to my impatience...
  2. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

Yup, you missed something!

Liquid settings > application > remove apps

Launcher pro can be removed there!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

You could always use liquid tweaks to install another launcher then download LP. Not as convenient as a direct tweak but easier then deletong and should work.

EDIT: After rereading I didnt really answer your question. Not sure why. I do pretty well with it there normally.

Sent from my DROID
  4. Mbk

Yeah I guess I need to have better patience...lmao... deleting it manually and reinstalling to data/app F'ed up on reboot so I just got ticked thinking it was hardcoded into the ROM... didn't even bother to look for a script...;)
    thanks...:)

now just gotta reset all my widgets...:dry:
  5. Mbk

Just as I suspected.... I'm gathering that neither of you tried what you have suggested, correct??...because iff you had you would've experienced what I'm going thru now...FC of LauncherPro with no option to get to the home screen or settings to clear the homescreen defaults....

LauncherPro lays an egg if uninstalled from system/app....unless there is again something I'm missing...:dry:
  6. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Sorry to have caused you grief. It had worked for me on prior versions so I was hoping it would for you on 2.0. I havent tried it on 2.0 due to my D1 not being my currently active phone.

I am sorry :(
  7. Mbk

I'm just frustrated, sorry if I came across as complaining about you guys.... I'm complaining about what seems to be as far as LauncherPro on LGBv2.0 is concerned...
    Not sure if it was done by mistake, if not I'd like to know why it was by design?? I also noticed that the LGBv2.0 stock version was recompiled with both a drawable-hdpi 'and' a drawable-hdpi-v4 folders, not sure why that is neither??
  8. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 New Member

Use the switcher and switch to the stock launcher then switch back to Launcher pro, that should solve it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  9. Mbk

hahahahahahahahaha.......lol

Brah, once I uninstall LauncherPro from system/app using his script from the Liquid Settings menu, then reinstall LauncherPro from market to data/app...and then reboot, it endlessly FC's trying to load up LauncherPro.....
    so obviously it appears to be hardcoded into the system and when it's moved to data/app the system seems unable to find it and so it FC's to the point that your phone cannot be used..have to nandroid back or boot back into recovery and apply an update.zip with only that LauncherPro APK back to system/app...you see what I mean?
  10. Mbk

Hey bro, good attempt at a possible fix...but it still FC's even with the stock launcher switched in as stock, once I reinstall LauncherPro from market to data/app and make it the default launcher, upon reboot the system cannot find LauncherPro and it FC's rendering the phone unusable... needs to be addressed if he is adding this feature into LGBv2.1...

Hope you see this Liquid...;)
  11. -iD

-iD New Member

just guessing but it maybe related to the way this script runs. it deletes the apk but not the dex or data files. I never use the script.

try this: on a fresh load download any different launcher from the market. switch to it and make it your default launcher. then using root explorer delete launcher pro from system/app, the launcherpro folder in data/data, and the dex file in cache/dalvic-cache. 1 of those will be named fede.launcher or something like that.

reboot and you should be totally clear of launcher pro running your new launcher. now download launcher pro from the market and make it your default launcher then delete the 1 that you use in the middle and you're left with just lpp.

also if you ever get stuck in that hell where you deleted your only launcher again try this:

use the hard key search button and search for the market on your phone . it should load the market at which point you can download a different launcher. alternately now you can use a web browser from your pc and go to the web market and select a different launcher and tell it to install it to your phone remotely.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  12. Mbk

Good call on the work-around possibility bro...seems that Titanium BUp deletes the data/data folder for LauncherPro but not the dex file in cache/dalvik-cache, thus the cause of it not accepting the launcherPro to data/app... it did work after I deleted LauncherPro from system/app using Titanium and then deleting the dex file from cache/dalvik-cache...

But here's the thing I'm also getting at, if Titanium Back-up which is also added into system/app in LGBv2.0, can be updated from the market to data/app, why is that option crippled in regards to LauncherPro?? ....and in turn leads to the issue if a user attempts to uninstall it from system/app via Titanium or manually, but forgets to or doesn't delete the dex file from dalvik-cache?

And BTW, your work-around about pressing the hard key for search to attempt to by-pass the launcher FC'ing does not work, just fyi... but atleast users now can work around having LauncherPro locked into system... cheers;)
  13. Mbk

One other weird thing I noticed...is that even if you were to install a theme, replacing certain stock APKs with the themed one, if you were to use the 'Switch' scripts for music, contacts, camera, it returns them back to the stock green version and not the themed version from the Themes... defeats the purpose of that setting if you're running a custom theme...:icon_eek:
  14. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

If you haven't figured it out, get adw from market, remove lp with the script or root explorer then reboot, fix permissions, reboot, install lp, fix permissions, reboot. Should fix it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  15. Mbk

you really should read thru the thread before you replied....a little late to the party eh??...lol
  16. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Haha oops, last post I read was you getting fc's. Must have missed the ones after.
  17. Mbk

hahahaha, yeah no worries.... easy enoguh workarounds can be done, but it still remains the question as to why it's set up that way to begin with...
Search tags for this page
android launchers for system/app
deleting nova launcher liquid smooth
how to unistall launcher pro
launcher pro deleted all my apps
launcher system app

make launcher pro system app

remove system launcher android
running launcherpro to fix camera
why launchers work better as system apps