Launcher Pro re-written from Scratch??

Jimbo47

Reaction score
I had a problem keeping it set as default too, ever since updating to 2.2. Only thing that solved it was doing a factory restore.

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I actually can't say I am too happy with the dev starting from scratch... hopefully this improves his app rather than tunnels him into a different direction. LP has always been my launcher of choice anyways, why mess with a good thing?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually can't say I am too happy with the dev starting from scratch... hopefully this improves his app rather than tunnels him into a different direction. LP has always been my launcher of choice anyways, why mess with a good thing?

Because that "good thing" is actually a LOT of hack work. Rebuilding it will allow him to add features faster and allow for better control over what everything does. If successful in his venture, this could be a great thing for LauncherPro. I am a BIG fan of ADW, and even I think this could turn out to be a good thing and plan on trying it when the finished project is released.

OP
Z

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to

Because that "good thing" is actually a LOT of hack work. Rebuilding it will allow him to add features faster and allow for better control over what everything does. If successful in his venture, this could be a great thing for LauncherPro. I am a BIG fan of ADW, and even I think this could turn out to be a good thing and plan on trying it when the finished project is released.

I really hope you are correct. I like ADW too, in fact I sometimes switch between them because they are just both greatly done launchers. But I consider LP to be my main.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

I really hope you are correct. I like ADW too, in fact I sometimes switch between them because they are just both greatly done launchers. But I consider LP to be my main.

I am sure it will. Fede is a smart man. I bet you could easily see this become a big turning point for the good for launcherpro. And, if it doesn't turn out right, I am sure Fede will go back to his old way of development.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
I agree I love adw but if launcherpro is rewritten smoother with more customizations, ill try it out

Tapatalk on Motorola Droid, UDeXtreme 8.0.0