Launcher Pro on Xoom

jcolt

Reaction score
How many people have sideloaded Launcher Pro Plus on Xoom? I played around with this and it makes a huge difference on the appearance of my xoom. I changed the grid size to 8x8 and WOW -now I can take advantage of the large screen size and have apps and widgets right up the the edge of the screen. All the Honeycomb widgets work on LPP and scrollable widgets also work perfect, even if not optimized for Honeycomb. The ability to resize widgets allows you center items and gives you the ability to enlarge widgets. LPP makes a huge difference and makes the tab so much more enjoyable. I would highly suggest checking it out if you have LPP.

How many other people have played around with this?

ZBoater

Reaction score
I did. It worked good but I decided to go naked while I work out the kinks. I don't want lag or FC issues to be harder to isolate. But once a couple of otas (and maybe a lpro honeycomb update) I'm jumping back in. I'm a big lpro fan.

jawonder

Reaction score
How do you sideload it ? , i have Launcher Pro but when i search for it on my Xoom i can't find it in the market .

OP
J

jcolt

Reaction score
How do you sideload it ? , i have Launcher Pro but when i search for it on my Xoom i can't find it in the market .

Google Launcher Pro APK and you will find the download file. Load it on the xoom and then enter your key to get pro features

I also think you can get the download right from the developers website

Last edited:
OP
J

jcolt

Reaction score
I believe ADW will work as well, but I have never used that app. I know Go Launcher will also work as I tried that first, but LPP seemed to work smoother.

xier

Reaction score
I plan to load it as soon as my Xoom's arrive - (On truck for delivery Today) -- I don't think I'll be truly happy until I can load Liberty on the XOOM but this is a start!

jawonder

Reaction score

Google Launcher Pro APK and you will find the download file. Load it on the xoom and then enter your key to get pro features

Thanks man it worked and i some themed Launcher Pro on my Droid X SD Card which mailed to my Xoom and they are looking great and all the Launcher Pro Widgets work .

Last edited:
OP
J

jcolt

Reaction score

Thanks man it worked and i some themed Launcher Pro on my Droid X SD Card which mailed to my Xoom and they are looking great .

Glad you like it. I really feel this greatly enhances the Xoom. It makes such a difference being able to place shortcuts and icons to take advantage of all the real estate the tablet offers.

jawonder

Reaction score

Thanks man it worked and i some themed Launcher Pro on my Droid X SD Card which mailed to my Xoom and they are looking great .

Glad you like it. I really feel this greatly enhances the Xoom. It makes such a difference being able to place shortcuts and icons to take advantage of all the real estate the tablet offers.
Thanks man if you didn't make this post i wouldn't have such nice screens now .

OP
J

jcolt

Reaction score
I would be happy to but how do u take screen shots when not rooted as I have not rooted my xoom.

Superman

Reaction score
Call me old fashioned, but why not just take a picture with a different device? Is the Xoom the only thing you have in the house with a camera?

I side loaded LPP onto my Xoom today, and I'm not liking it so much. It seems to have really slowed down the device and I don't like having the dock on the side of the screen. I suppose if I spent some time with it, I could probably make something useful, but I think I'm going to wait for a tablet version.

Elysian

Reaction score
I loaded Launcher Pro today... Didn't like it, went back to stock. Launcher Pro would have to integrate the Honeycomb stock launcher app drawer for me to consider it on the Xoom, for now it'll stay on my Droid.