Launcher Pro Hijacked My Phone

Anticitizen

Reaction score
No problem. I'm the IT manager for a chain of Verizon stores, and this has happened to a lot of our sales reps, and guess who they call... me. So, yeah, I'm not too happy with LauncherPro right now, even if it didn't happen to me (I have the paid version).

And for those of you saying that people should've paid attention to the fact that LP was about to expire... oh, come on. There was no warning it was going to practically hijack the phone. I've used trial software up until the expiration many times. Usually the software just stops working. I've never had a piece of software render your computer or phone unusable until you either pay for it or find a workaround to remove it!

horatio13

Reaction score
Hello, first post/
I was lured into rooting my phone yesterday, and all was well until i woke up and Launcher Pro won't load, when it says it expired. I can't get to the original home screen by holding down the home button either.. any help? I hate this app.

Waratilla

Reaction score
Yeah i tried what Anticitizen said and it didnt work due to my task native task manager did not come up. I have a droid 2 rooted, i just wanna be able to use my phone again..stupid launcher pro

Anticitizen

Reaction score
Did you try double-tapping the home key to pull up voice command?

If that doesn't work, and LauncherPro launches the browser, type this in the address bar of the browser:

bubiloop.com/download/org.adw.launcher

That will launch the Android Market (specifically ADW Launcher's entry in the market). From there you can navigate to your downloaded applications and remove LP.

This should work.

gary73

Reaction score
Try loading home switcher for froyo worked for me

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

horatio13

Reaction score

If that doesn't work, and LauncherPro launches the browser, type this in the address bar of the browser:

That will launch the Android Market (specifically ADW Launcher's entry in the market). From there you can navigate to your downloaded applications and remove LP.

This should work.

i love you it worked

Waratilla

Reaction score

This should work.

SAME! thank you Anticitizen i now have control of my own phone again haha

neveragon

Reaction score
I got to that window.... but it wont let me uninstall LP D: I stopped it, but it still wont let me.
edit: nvm, I used that to get to the market and installed the new version of launcher pro.... if that kind of bull isnt remove in the very next version, launcher pro going out the window :)

Last edited:

turbocad6

Reaction score
I had this same thing, didn't work with the adw link either, it would dl & install adw but not launch... only way out that worked for me is, at that same link posted above for adw I scrolled down & it listed similar apps & one was a different launcher... go launcher. I clicked that & it installed & did the trick... wow, launcherpro really screwed up on this one :(

turbocad6

Reaction score
This makes me rather glad I've been using the free version thus far...

I think this problem IS with the free version too, unless I bought it at some point & forgot, I think I was locked out on the free version...

turbocad6

Reaction score
yeah, free version, just checked... I also NOW updated launcherpro in the market after getting out of hijack mode & now I'm back to normal, launcherpro & all :)

TickleMeElmo

Reaction score
Another option is if you have advanced task manager or some kind of app killer just kill the app from there since it should be running on your task bar at the top i just killed it and unistalled it and now im good hope this helps.

Arachnyd

Reaction score
This is infuriating. I can't update launcherpro from market bc my downloads are all failing for some reason. When I search for "open settings" it only brings me to google results.

I am never using this retarded app again.

Anticitizen

Reaction score
This is infuriating. I can't update launcherpro from market bc my downloads are all failing for some reason. When I search for "open settings" it only brings me to google results.

I am never using this retarded app again.

You shouldn't have to download anything from the market. Once you're in the market, hit menu and go to 'my apps', go to launcherpro's entry, and choose uninstall from there.

I agree that this is very frustrating. I've been using LP since almost day one and it's been almost perfect in every way. I sincerely hope this was a programming mistake and not on purpose.

That said, I've switched to ADW launcher - even though I prefer launcherpro and in fact have the paid version. I'll wait to see what the launcherpro developer has to say about all this before I consider switching back.