Launcher Pro Bug?

Ch0ppy35

Reaction score
Okay so I've noticed this happening on my Dx after I flashed Liberty. I have a few apps hidden in my app drawer but if I reboot my phone a few of them come back. To resolve the problem I just gotta restart Launcher Pro. Not a big deal, just was wondering if anyone had the same thing happen

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
C

Ch0ppy35

Reaction score
Anyone?

droidxchat

Reaction score
i kno this doesn't answer your question so i apologize, but i still don't know why anyone would want to use launcher pro when adw is so noticeably smoother, am i missing something that launcher pro offers?

Beka27

Reaction score
Does ADW have scrolling docks? I haven't used it, but if it had that option I might give it a try.

(from Beka's DX)

want a droid

Reaction score
I've heard that ADW does not allow multiple, scrolling docks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

rustymcbain

Reaction score
If you jesture up from the launcher button on adw it will open th hidden dock tray. Throw as many apps there you want with a scrolling feature. Settings to have jestures on sxreen to open and close faster and close on launch. Mich better imo

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
i kno this doesn't answer your question so i apologize, but i still don't know why anyone would want to use launcher pro when adw is so noticeably smoother, am i missing something that launcher pro offers?

The Widgets on the pro version alone set it above adw. I like all of adw's options but launcherpro when tweaked correctly can be just as smooth/smoother than adw.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
The Widgets on the pro version alone set it above adw. I like all of adw's options but launcherpro when tweaked correctly can be just as smooth/smoother than adw.

I'll second that!

Not to mention a broad comment about ADW being better may not have been the experience that others have had with it. I for one had a miserable experience with it (along with a few others) yet LauncherPro Plus has worked fantastic for me for months.

Really just comes down to personal preference and your individual phone behavior at any given time.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Okay so I've noticed this happening on my Dx after I flashed Liberty. I have a few apps hidden in my app drawer but if I reboot my phone a few of them come back. To resolve the problem I just gotta restart Launcher Pro. Not a big deal, just was wondering if anyone had the same thing happen

It probably has to do with Android loading laucher pro late in the bootcycle. Try waiting until the sdcard symbol is gone before touching your phone during boot. If this doesn't work you are out of luck.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
C

Ch0ppy35

Reaction score
Launcher Pro isreally smooth for me and I like the 3d app drawer small the customizing available

droidxchat

Reaction score
but those widgets you're talking about and tweak settings... those are only in launcher pro plus, which you have to pay for, am I right?

I'll stand by that in free adw vs free launcherpro, adw is smoother, especially in scrolling btw screens. same experience on multiple roms... adw has a huge menu of settings allowing you to tweak it, the app drawer, etc. launcherpro (free version) does not...

to anyone who thinks launcherpro is smooth and has not tried adw, give it a try, it really is smoother (ive seen devs say the same). you can have both at once and decide which you like , then uninstall the other.

i have no experience with launcherpro plus, but i would expect it to be better than adw free, considering it costs money. however, that's not what i was talking about, i was talking about the free version in response to the original poster, who i assume is talking about the free version as well?

Trong

Reaction score
I've posted about the issue a bunch of times the LauncherPro forums but it seems no one reads them :(

The issue with reappearing icons is caused by the fact that those apps are installed on the SD card. LauncherPro only hides the icons on as it is starting up. Apps will reappear when the SD card or app is unmounted/remounted or when the app is reinstalled or updated after LauncherPro has already been started. You will notice the effects when you update apps in the market or move the app between the phone and the SD card.

Solution: Move all your apps to phone storage. The DX comes with 8GB of app storage so space shouldn't be a problem. However, if the app is set to automatically install to the SD card, you will have to move it back to the phone after you update it.

One handy thing to note is if you use TitaniumBackup, there is an option in the settings to "Force to same location" so when you restore a backup of the app, it will be forced to install to the phone rather than SD card (if you backed it up while it was on the onboard storage).

And just to toss in the 2 cents: ADW has never been smoother for me, especially the screen transitions on EX. I also seem to have way more options with LauncherPro. While options tend to offer more control in ADW, I'd rather have more options than control.

PS: The only difference between free LauncherPro and LauncherPro Plus is the widgets Fede built. Besides widgets, both versions are fully featured.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not to mention the ability to overlap widgets. A feature ADW lacks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App