launcher pro & blur widgets

MrKleen

Reaction score
Everything functions normaly.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Amazing! I have talked with many that have the same issue as myself. I would love to figure this one out.

Reaction score
spaz, do you have launcherpro plus? Are you running any odd settings that could have something to do with the contact widgets working correctly?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I do have launcher pro plus.

I'll check my settings but I don't think so.

Reaction score
Can u go to preferences, and hit general settings. Do you have motorola Droid hack enabled or disabled? (This seems like a setting that may affect the widgets). Mine is disabled (unchecked).

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have that one unchecked cause it said something about 2.1 and I'm running 2.2

Anyway I just did a few reboots to try and replicate the issue and the last time I booted up it showed the widget as being empty, like it said add contact. So I tapped it real quick and the contacts pic showed up but only half of the actions. About thirty seconds later though the other ones showed up on their own.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I searched my preferences and couldn't find anything I think is affecting it.

Reaction score
Go to preferences, advanced settings. Do you have "use homescreen caches" check marked? As for everything else in that section, I have them all unchecked. Memory usage preset is set to high. Homescreen cache type is "normal". What about yours?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have the exact same settings.

I just did a little experiment. I cleared all of the shortcuts off of my screens and basically loaded it up with contact widgets of different sizes. I did a reboot and it seems all of the widgets with a height of 1 failed to correctly load. However widgets with a height of 2 loaded just fine. I was previously using widgets of either 2x2 or 2x4. These findings aren't concrete and I'm still testing stuff out.

Reaction score
I have 5 contact widgets on one of my homescreens. Three of them are small and only take up one block, those ones have the picture blown way up which consumes the whole icon on startup, and u can only fix it by resizing. The other btw contact widgets I have are 1x2. Idk if that might confuse you, but it just takes up two blocks and its vertical. It loads with the picture blown up to half the icon, and when u resize it to fix it, it goes to like 1/3 of the whole icon. Ill try and get screenshots

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok so I've done probably 12 restarts in the last hour and have replicated the issue several times. Every time it was to a widget smaller than 2x2 in either dimension. Once though I was able to fix all of the widgets at once without having to resize them by going in to lp preferences and changing an option that said it would have to restart launcher pro to take effect. As soon as lp restarted they fixed them selves. But it only worked once.

Reaction score
Well, I was going to get screenshots and post them but I don't think its a good idea to post my friends pics on here. Not to mention their contact widgets are stuck with the blown up picture, its been like this for the past 15 mins since I restarted my phone, resizing wont fix them either.

I tried uploading a pic, it says its not a valid image format....

Shootme app saves screenshots as png files, how does the Droid forums not support such a common image type?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya that really bugs me with shoot me they work on here half the time and then the other half I half to edit them to get em to resave in a new format.

Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that its probably not a certain setting, but just a programming bug that fede has yet to fix since he's busy making the new launcherpro.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya I'm gonna shoot over to the lp forums and see if there's anything there about it. Just did 2 more resets and again it looks like 2x2 or 2x4 is the way to go although the pics still occasionally get inflated.

Reaction score
I've already posted the issue on the launcherpro forums a while ago when I had my DX, I don't remember if anybody responded, but as you can see the issue has not been fixed since I posted on their site two months ago