Launcher Pro + Better Cut = Fail?

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
I am unable to change shortcuts icon on my screen using better cut. I am using Launcher pro for my home application. I know it's pretty vague, but hopefully I can narrow this problem down soon.

OP
D

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
Tried adw, still running into the same problem. Gonna try the free Desktop Visualizer and see what that's about. Thanks for both suggestions thus far though.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tried adw, still running into the same problem. Gonna try the free Desktop Visualizer and see what that's about. Thanks for both suggestions thus far though.

Suggested ADW as it has this built in. Pick up an icon on the desktop and drop it, and then tap the icon. Choose what you want to use from there.

OP
D

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
Why the heck did I pay for better cut then? Ugh it use to work just fine. Ah well. I like desktop visualizer but they don't have much icon packs to select from. Not bad though. Still open to other options as well.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Would I need the full version?

I bought the full version, but I can not for the life of me remember why. I probably did it to get rid of the ads and to support the dev as I really like this app. Here's what I found about the two versions:

Folder Organizer lite

Ad-supported version
Folder Organizer

Full version with advanced features:
– hierarchical labels
– direct folder editing
– manual sort of items in a label
– widgets with 5 items in a row

Coolsaber57

Reaction score
Wait, why wouldn't you just use the functionality built into LauncherPro itself to change the icon?

Longpress on homescreen > choose Shortcut > Applications > choose Application > Tap the picture to change the Icon.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Folder Organizer has the option to make folders with custom icon for contacts, apps, bookmarks, etc...that is the benefit to just making a custom shortcut in LP or ADW for an app. I personally just use Quick Desk for my favorite apps instead of using folders. Folder Organizer is a nice program though.

OP
D

DroidBoy22

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. My solution was pretty simple. I switched to a differnt ROM and everything is working as it should.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Desktop Visualizer is better than Bettercut imo and works with LP.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

I use desktop visualizer, too.

DV + app categories (a free app that allows you to group like apps together) = what you want to do. I use LP as well.

Here is my homescreen

screenshot_e.png

screenshot_a.png

The facebook one is a app category folder that has all my texting/chatting apps. Changed the picture using Desktop visualizer and that's what you have.

Music folder.... same thing
youtube is simply changing an app's picture.... no folder at all
multi-media is a category that has my tv app, arcmedia, pandora, ustream....

you can also use app category in your dock bar at the bottom of LP. I have a "games" folder in my dock bar and then changed that picture, too

Last edited: