Launcher Icon replaced with something else : Please help

lxmim

Reaction score
In my phone's bottom tray the Launcher icon suddenly got replaced by Profiles icon. I can not understand how it happened. I rebooted it. Tried hard reset by pulling out battery but of no solution.

How to get the Launcher icon back....please help.

I don't know it is related or not : my Wifi internet also stopped suddenly. It shows it is connected ( the wifi icon in notification area shows in gray color), signal strength is very good but can not access internet.

Please help... I am totally lost

OP
L

lxmim

Reaction score
Do you get an option to change icons if you long press them? If you can tell us what kind of phone you have, we may be able to help you better

Tapped from a Nexus

Thanks for reply.
When I press long on tray icons no option comes. I use Micromax A52 mobile with android 2.3.6

OP
L

lxmim

Reaction score
When you say launcher icon, do you mean the app drawer icon? As in, you can't get to your app?

Yes....I am unable to access my apps without this icon.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
If you can find the home Launcher app, you may be able to rest it. Try going to settings/apps or manage app/all apps. Scroll down until you see something like Launcher or home Launcher. Select it & select clear cache & data. You'll loose your home screen setup. But it should reset everything.

Tapped from a Nexus