Launcher Deaths and WiFi Heat Strokes

frankjaegar

Reaction score
A few issues I was wondering if anyone else is having. If not, then we'll just let this thread die.

1 - Is anyone getting an absolutely INCREDIBLE amount of heat when using WiFi? I was connected to my University's network in my pocket earlier today and nearly burnt a whole through my jeans. It's a tad ridiculous.

2 - Is anyone's Stock MIUI launcher seeming to die inexplicably sometimes? I don't mean FCs, though I get those sometimes but I don't really care. I mean I press "Home" and it has to redraw the entire Launcher, even though I have the "Keep in Memory" option checked. I've tried rechecking said option and adjusting Android's task killer through MinFreeManager, neither to any avail. This just me?

thanks

Thor0906

Reaction score
I've been getting the redraws as well. Also, it seems like the launcher is force closing like crazy with this new update.

juniorjwh

Reaction score
give us some more stats about what your running with.

I've run into the same problems with my launcher.

D1 MIUI 1.14.1 p3 LV250-1250 w/jamz kernel theme patch. Mr_DSL's Bliss suaveHD theme V7

OP
F

frankjaegar

Reaction score
Interesting. I'm not experiencing too many FCs, no more than .7. Just a lot of redraws.
And a lot of WiFi based heat. Dear god so much heat.

D1 MIUI 1.1.14.1 Slayher LFY 1.6 250-1200 with SWG 1.2.

juniorjwh

Reaction score
I should say I WAS running into those issues. Could be several things

1. Different kernel will break permissions with the theme manager. Jamz has a patch for that on the original post

2. Theme is outdated, or is incompatible with your version of MIUI. Try going to the default theme. And do not rely on the theme download manager to have the most recent version of your theme, use the miui forum.

3. Setcpu has caused some issues with themes. Uninstall, reboot, reinstall.

That's what I've learned. Now its running well

D1 MIUI 1.14.1 p3 LV250-1250 w/jamz kernel theme patch. Mr_DSL's Bliss suaveHD theme V7