Launcher Advice

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Suggestions?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
There are some good ones in the Market. I personally like LauncherPro+, primarily because of the dock. Go Launcher is a popular one and has a multitude of themes. Check out the market...just search for "launchers" and try them all out.

centerfinger

Reaction score
Get Adw ex launcher from the market today its only $0. 10 right now for the 10 billion app special!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

nikecar

Reaction score
Is ADW EX any good? Anyone personally use it?

OP
T

tclarktc

Reaction score
I'm using it now. I downloaded it today because its like 10 cents. Only thing is it seems like all the configurations it can do are like over the top and battery strains. I'm looking at the guide now to better understanding how it works and whatnot

SallyC

Reaction score
I downloaded it and without adequate instructions found it not so nice. But I'm less than a month into Android so realize that even some of the terms - launcher, drawer - are new to me. I'm used to an iDevice. First of all I don't think I got the screen that said it was going to make it my default launcher. So all of the sudden - after the changelog screen - I'm looking at my screens with none of my icons on them. Freaked me out! And I started trying to add them back and found Quick Contacts wasn't an option - I love that widget but apparently it's a Verizon widget that you can only use with the default UI.

My son (bless his heart) bailed me out when he found the Complete Guide I linked to above. At least then there are instructions for simpletons and newbies like me. I actually have it uninstalled right now but I think I may go back and try it again now that I have time to read the instructions over.

OP
T

tclarktc

Reaction score
I read the guide and it made it more apparent to me that alot of the options and what not are really display oriented. I mean some of the options are called fancy and whatnot. I'm trying to find a launcher that is more about functionality than displays.

centerfinger

Reaction score
I've used the free version before and now got the ex version. Its a good launcher with lots of options and themes that are easy to customize. Well worth the dime. I also like having 5 quick launch icons and having 5 icons per row. It also let's you change the Size of your widgets.

Sent from my OG running Peter Alfonso's Bugless Beast using DroidForums

OP
T

tclarktc

Reaction score
Yeah I mean I do like the 5 Widgets that is aa good feature.. however I feel like alot of the options are kinda just meh

ballmore

Reaction score
It's a great launcher from a great developer. I use ADW and Launcher Pro Plus. The thing is ADW is on sale until 12 noon tomorrow so it's worth it for everyone to atleast give it a try. Yeah, it has a bunch of bells and whistles but for 10¢.......

thefuzz

Reaction score
I have tried launcher pro and go launcher (i think its called) but always come back to ADW, love the functionality and looks of it. Good themes too

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

mikespe

Reaction score
Go Launcher is so smooth running on the Bionic! Great options, widgets, themes....I really like it a lot! I did download ADW today for 10 cents...but I haven't tried it out yet.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have been using ADW Launcher EX for a couple days now and I can't tell how I feel about it. I like that it has the new themes but it does not seem much better than the stock one. The landscape home screen transition is not a smooth as I think I would like it to be, and it seems when unlocking there is more of a delay then with the stock one.

Kimo91

Reaction score
I have been using ADW Launcher EX for a couple days now and I can't tell how I feel about it. I like that it has the new themes but it does not seem much better than the stock one. The landscape home screen transition is not a smooth as I think I would like it to be, and it seems when unlocking there is more of a delay then with the stock one.

+1 for ADW launcher EX. its well worth the price and very customizable

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr