Launch apps by voice?

jeff70

Reaction score
WOW! How cool! Thanks for sharing that. I had no idea it did that because, as you say, it's not listed. Very cool!

lol np it's strange because I just recently saw one of those Droid commercials like the OP LBJay talked about and it got me thinking about where those voice commands could be found

It would have made it a whole lot more clearer imho if Google had just added a simple line like "go to <apps>" or "open <apps>" in the voice commands choices :)

William_04_x

Reaction score
The different voice commands are extremely convenient when you're driving. There isn't much you can't do with voice commands.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

SallyC

Reaction score
lol np it's strange because I just recently saw one of those Droid commercials like the OP LBJay talked about and it got me thinking about where those voice commands could be found

It would have made it a whole lot more clearer imho if Google had just added a simple line like "go to <apps>" or "open <apps>" in the voice commands choices :)

Yes, and since it's not listed with the commands you can use - either on the app or their support page here - I'm wondering if this is something they recently added?

Now I feel like going on an "Easter egg" hunt with voice commands....who knows what else they can do?????????????? :icon_wink:

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Wow, it's so interesting how many features are on these phones that some consider nothing out of the ordinary and others (even experienced Android users) are completely unaware are even there!

I'm wondering how many unnecessary apps I've installed that duplicate native functions without my even knowing it. I'm sure there are dozens of improvements the RAZR has over the D1, but I just got used to using apps to accomplish them on the D1. I'm keeping Speaktoit Assistant though; I'd miss my little cartoon girl if I just went with built in voice commands. :biggrin:

SallyC

Reaction score
HA! There are other commands not listed. For example, 'Check.' Try:

Check Status
Check Voicemail

I'm betting there are others...hmm, this could be fun!:biggrin:

OP
L

LBJay

Reaction score
Thanks to all. I had tried Voice Commands but IIRC I was using "Launch" instead of "Open" or "Go To". It also seems to prefer the slightest pause between the Open command and the App name but that might be just how it reacts to my voice, and probably needs training.

The wife is happy now.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Thanks to all. I had tried Voice Commands but IIRC I was using "Launch" instead of "Open" or "Go To". It also seems to prefer the slightest pause between the Open command and the App name but that might be just how it reacts to my voice, and probably needs training.

The wife is happy now.

This is weird. I couldn't get it to work by saying "Open". When I used that word to open an app, Voice Commands would send me to the website for the app. :icon_eek: It does, however, work when I say "Launch." Go figure..... :blink:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
rosariorose9 said:
This is weird. I couldn't get it to work by saying "Open". When I used that word to open an app, Voice Commands would send me to the website for the app. :icon_eek: It does, however, work when I say "Launch." Go figure..... :blink:

Mine doesn't like me very well... I wonder if there's a redneck language I can install. :)

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Mine doesn't like me very well... I wonder if there's a redneck language I can install. :)

:biggrin: Actually, I'm not sure how much mine likes me either. Playing with it some more, sometimes it DOES properly respond to an "Open" command, and sometimes I have to say "Launch." :blink: Oh well, so it's not Siri, it's still pretty cool...

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Double tap home open voice commands on my Bionic also. I never knew that. The VC screen gives several examples of commands to use. Does Razr?

Rckymtn

Reaction score
I find in relatively sad the vzw reps didn't know about the double tap home launcher.

thaDroidz said:

If you hit the razrs settings soft key while your in the voice command program you can select settings and calibrate your redneck accent :)

There's actually a few cool adjustment you can make to the stock program

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lmfao..
It actually does do purty dang good. I jus gots to member to spuk lil slower.

Voice search surprises me when I use it. Voice commands try to send mms when I tell it to open... go figure... I figured they were using the same voice thingy....

jhardy93

Reaction score
odd

Open ___ and go go ___ take me to a mobile website if there is one and launch ___ just does Google search for the term. I am not sure what need to do differently.

DocDale

Reaction score
Launch Apps on Droid Mini

"go to" followed by the name of the app works well on my Droid Mini (android 4.2)