LaucherPro & Handcent...wow wow wow

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by MyNewDroidX, Jul 20, 2010.

1. MyNewDroidX

MyNewDroidX New Member

Wow are these to apps awesome. I have really been questioning how much i like my DX, coming from a jail broken iphone. Tonight i stumbled on these two apps and wow am i freaking happy.

Handcent: i can now actually read text message threads. The bubble style and not showing the name and callback number is priceless. After coming from an iphone i hated how i couldn't see enough of the texts at one time, especially when typing a text message. Plus the user heading, call, custom settings is so user friendly. Plus the popup quick replay UI is very sweet.

LaunchPro: where to begin...like i said i had a jailbroken iphone and i liked customizing my icons and layouts. LauncherPro does this with many more options. For instance i put my company pop3 email account on the bottom launcher and replaced it with our company's product icon(we sell a high end engineering software). The ability to remove the text below icons(maybe you can do this with DX but i haven't stumbled on it).

Im sure i will find out a lot more, but 2 hrs with these two apps and.im so happy. Once i start learning android programming, im picking up htc_ime keyboard(open source) and fixing this layout. The keyboard is laid out for athestics, not for functionaility. Its way to easy to hit period when going for the spacebar.

Getting more excited everyday
  2. KpAtch3s

KpAtch3s New Member

You should look into using swype.
  3. MyNewDroidX

MyNewDroidX New Member

Ok I guess I should learn to use swype. I guess it just seems slow but maybe that's because I am not used to it.

I am actually trying the swype keyboard to type this message.it feels slow but I will try to use it for a day and see how I like it :) ill give an update tomorrow after I use it for a day.
  4. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

A good day or two of text messaging and you will learn to love swype. it is so fast and smart..
  5. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

I love swype. Best keyboard ever. It becomes so natural do quickly. Going to look into launcher pro now.

Sent from my DroidX via Tapatalk (
  6. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

While you're at it give Swiftkey a chance too! I was a hardcore swype user but for some reason the prediction started to get worse from my experience. Swiftkey is a good alternative. It needs some getting used to but it's worth the effort IMO.

Swype and swiftkey are excellent keyboard replacements.
  7. gateway

gateway New Member

Where are the smiley's with the swype keyboard
  8. Rivm

Rivm New Member

Bottom right corner when you have the swype qwerty keyboard out (long-press to show the other smileys).