LatinIME.apk/Keyboard installation help please

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Droid_Noob, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Droid_Noob

Droid_Noob New Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I couldn't find an appropriate thread to place this under, but this looked like the most logical.

I recently rooted my phone and installed a custom rom on it. The Smoked Glass v6.0.1. I find the default apps very annoying and found a way to make them disapear. I changed the .apk file in the/system/app section to .bak.

Well in this rom the Voice Search app is also connected with the Android keyboard. If I remove the Voice Search I also remove the virtual keyboard. The app is called VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk.

So I changed it to .bak and tried to install the android stock keyboard called LatinIME.apk. I also found the I pushed these to my phone using the SDK tool. One to the /system/lib and the other to /system/app. When I booted my phone up I didn't get the keyboard. So I also pushed the LatinIME.odex over to the /system/app file and it still didn't work. The phone ended up not being able to boot up, so I had to go into flash recovery and back up the phone.

So I am just wondering what am I doing wrong? I know this may not make sense as to why I just don't deal with the extra icon. But I don't know, I just want it perfect I quess.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Search tags for this page
how to install latinime.apk
install latinime.apk

latinime apk
latinime apk for odex
latinime apk odex
latinime.apk 4.2.1
latinime.apk keyboard
what is latinime

what is latinime.apk