Latest VZW Map Shows Droid Bionic, HTC Vigor?

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Aug 2, 2011.

1. WenWM

WenWM Premium Member Premium Member

[​IMG]
    The Droid Bionic is one of the most talked about devices that's heading to Verizon this year. The Bionic along with other super-phones have been spotted on the latest MAP (minimum advertised price) list from Verizon and might be coming soon to our LTE network.

On the chart above, the Droid Bionic has been decoded to be #1 on the list, called the Motorola MOTXT975. Rumors have the Bionic coming to Verizon in September, so this seems like a little more confirmation to that information. The second device is rumored to either be the grayish-white Incredible 2 or some lesser device. This speculation seems accurate considering the latest rumors point to a possible alternative colored version of the Incredible 2 coming. This device shares a similar model number with the current Droid Incredible 2. This means either another phone that’s similar to the DINC 2 is coming soon or we can just expect the rumored white version to become available.

The last two devices on the list are pretty interesting. The HTC ADR 6425LVW is supposedly the HTC Vigor that we’ve heard a little about. This device has an incredible spec list; with a dual core Snapdragon processor that's clocked at 1.5 Ghz, and an Adreno 220 GPU on a 720p resolution display. The last is an LG phone; it is rumored to be a spin-off of the Revolution, or maybe Verizon is getting their own LG Black like Sprint users are receiving soon.

Nonetheless, Verizon looks like it’s going to be having a great rest of the month and beyond.

Via: Droid-life
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
  2. Limbwalker

Limbwalker New Member

I guess I'm going to give the Bionic a try. I prefer phones with keyboards, but the upcoming Bionic looks to good to pass up . . . dancedroid
  3. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Nothing on the GS2? A little disheartening.
  4. Tillmorn

Tillmorn Member

Am I the only one who would be more than willing to jump off the Bionic bandwagon if the Vigor actually will be released around the same time? Unless the specs that have been speculated on are dead wrong, the Bionic could be very far behind the Vigor at this point. Given the fact that most HTC bootloaders get cracked within a few weeks of dropping in the U.S., we could see some rather amazing things with that 1.5ghz dualcore snapdragon!

Unfortunately my contract is up this month. Is there any way to keep your current phone when signing a new contract and then upgrade your phone when something worthy comes out? Without using multiple lines mind you. I'm still on my family's plan, and all our lines are on the same date. :dry:
  5. tommyg562000

tommyg562000 Member

I wouldn't suggest doing that if u are locked into an unlimited data plan. You will lose it if u do that.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. Tillmorn

Tillmorn Member

Really? Damn. Guess I could "upgrade" to the Charge or something, turn around, sell it, and buy the Bionic or Vigor at full price.
  7. King_Bean

King_Bean New Member

I'm eligible for an early upgrade in August and my contract expires in December. I might as well wait for the Vigor. I would like to get a new phone but I'm willing to wait since my D1 is still in pretty good shape and operating condition. Furthermore, I love Sense and the specs for the puported Vigor (if they are true) impress me more than those of the Bionic and SGS2.
  8. bp328i

bp328i Theme Developer Theme Developer

Don't quote me on this but I believe you don't have to sign a new contract right away.

You can just keep what you have in place and then when the phone you want comes out upgrade and sign the new contract then. Again, don't quote me on that. But if you called Verizon they should be able to tell you.
  9. Tillmorn

Tillmorn Member

You have been quoted. That would be extremely useful if true though. Granted worst case scenario: Add a line to the family's plan when the Vigor comes out, switch out phones, voila. Since I'm riding the "parents foot the cell bill while in college" train for as long as possible.
  10. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

You don't have to sign a new contract right away. When your current contract is up you go on a month to month until you sign a new contract. Nothing about your plan changes unless you change it.

And the Vigor is looking pretty sweet. But it will all come down to battery life for me. If past HTC phones are any indication it won't look good.

Sent from my Droid X
  11. nikecar

nikecar New Member

When your contract is up, you just go month to month with the same contract you had. Some reports were you had to upgrade by 6 months after the end date to keep any upgrade pricing, but i don't think that is the case anymore, as i know it was with NE2, which has expired.

If I was you, just sit back and keep paying what you are doing. When you get word the phone is coming out and see hard proof, then you can upgrade, while keeping your plan as the you currently have it.
  12. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

Any word if the HTC Vigor will have LTE? If it does, goodbye X2, Bionic, and SG2! Hello HTC..
  13. mach330

mach330 New Member

wow..if the vigor comes within a month or two of bionic...i'm soooo over bionic. unless of course that vigor is also a brick phone, in which case, i'm still going to hold out on gs2.
  14. steveninspokane

steveninspokane New Member

Another piece of news that means nothing.
  15. bp328i

bp328i Theme Developer Theme Developer

WooHoo, I was quoted and it sounds like I was right :)

I got the Thuderbolt on launch day and I'm eligible for a discount on 8/21/11 for a new phone. So many new choices coming out in the next few months.

By the sound of it the HTC Vigor will be joining my phone collection.
  16. g_what

g_what Member

I was all set to get a Bionic, but it's taking too long to be released. Now the Vigor looks like a possibility. And if the GS2 has LTE then I'm leaning towards that as well.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  17. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I heard the Vigor could be a tablet.

Doesn't really matter - I don't want a phone with 20 minutes of battery power and Sense.
  18. Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer Member

I read that the Vigor could be the Thunderbolt 2, and if that's true, then that will be my next phone. I'll admit I was starting to think that maybe I could give the Bionic a shot, but I'm not fond of Motorola after having the D2G, so I'm pretty sure I'll wait.
  19. BGKris

BGKris New Member

Link to said reading? :)
  20. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET New Member

That sucks. The TB is already getting replaced. I wonder if we still have problems with the current one they would upgrade us to the new bolt dancedroid
Search tags for this page

htc dna 6425 specs