Latest Official ICS Version

Papa_T

Reaction score
I have searched and searched but can't find a definite answer to what is the latest official ICS version. I am running the leaked .215 version and have really gotten lost in the versions. Is .211 the latest or is there another. I want to be on the latest official version.

Now, if there is something after .211, how to I get from the leaked .215 back to .211 in order to move to the official .???

Thanks for any guidance on this. I'm also thinking about rooting, but want to take it one step at the time.

RAZR Rocks dancedroid

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
.211 was the last "official" version ... but even though .215 is a "leak" it's still "official" software. Even though no one knows for 100% certain, we will have to wait until something comes out until we know for sure if you can do an OTA over .215 without having to go back to .211.

Does that make sense? LOL :blink:

OP
Papa_T

Papa_T

Reaction score
So I can root the .215 using utility 1.81?

OP
Papa_T

Papa_T

Reaction score
Thanks MattyP! I will try it tomorrow.

OP
Papa_T

Papa_T

Reaction score
Let me confirm one step before I begin. If I just want to root, so I can ultimately install a different bootanimation, all I need to do is go straight to option 2. Is that right?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Let me confirm one step before I begin. If I just want to root, so I can ultimately install a different bootanimation, all I need to do is go straight to option 2. Is that right?

That is correct. If you are not going to install ROMs or anything like that, your best bet is to root with the utility, then after it's done go to the Store and download "Voodoo Rootkeeper" (free) and after you install it, open the app, it will ask for Superuser permissions, tap "allow" ... then tap "protect root", make sure all the boxes are checked, and then reboot your phone. That way when an OTA comes out it will restore your root after you upgrade.

Simple as that :)

OP
Papa_T

Papa_T

Reaction score
MattyP,

I have a question. I think I am now rooted, I ran option 2 using Utility 1.81. I then did the recommended Voodoo Rootkeeper. I have downloaded a zip boot animation, but going by the instructions outlined here How To Enable A Custom Bootanimation.zip File - DroidRzr.com, I do not see the file location noted as /system/media. What have I done wrong? And how do I know I am now rooted?

Thanks for your help, you are the best. :hail:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Download https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck&feature=search_result and run it. If you are rooted it will report so. You do have to have Superuser installed and activated to be fully Rooted.

As for installing custom boot animations there is ONE way to do it without root (requires PC connection via USB)...how do I know? Well, MattyP and I developed it. As for the /System/Media folder, if you don't have full root, you won't see it since you need to be at the root directory (similar to the c:\ directory on your computer) before you can see the System folder, and then in the System folder is a Media folder.

OP
Papa_T

Papa_T

Reaction score
Okay, root checker says "Congratulations. This device has root access". But I still do not see the /system/media file using ES File Explorer app. Any idea? I reran option 2 under Utility 1.81 just in case.

Thanks to you both for your help.

OP
Papa_T

Papa_T

Reaction score
I downloaded a different explorer app and I now see the folder. Will post again after the boot animation is loaded.

Last edited:
OP
Papa_T

Papa_T

Reaction score
I lost it! What is going on here. Now I can't find the folder again. Uggg!!! HELP!!!!!! Where would this folder be?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
In es file explorer, tap the up button along the top until you get to the root files... then system, then media.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums